Comments

46 comments

Bob Shrader

Brad, 

From Preferences

Plugin Search Folders

• /Applications/Topaz Adjust AI/Topaz Adjust AI.app
    • /Applications/Topaz Mask AI/Topaz Mask AI.app
    • /Applications/Topaz Labs LLC (This folder handles installation for Topaz Studio 2, Topaz DeNoise AI and Topaz Sharpen AI)

Now all we need is the instruction from Skylum to install an operational version of the Luminar 4 plugin. Let's hope it is soon.

Comment actions Permalink
    Brad Ashbrook

Same as mine.. hopefully Skylum will have a fix soon.

Will poke around Topaz for some answers.

Dear Helga Egilsdottir

I sent a "Suggestion/Feature request" to the support team explaining the context and the issue. Should I also demand a "Technical support" on this subject? 

I hope we'll have an answer regarding the status of this request soon, could save us a lot a headaches in the future, especially since Affinity Photo is a huge contender to Photoshop that seems to be used by many of us! ;) 

Bob Shrader

Here is a possible explanation of the problem with the mac OS that was posted to the Affinity Photo forum:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/113661-using-luminar-4-as-a-plugin-in-af/

I'm not a programmer, so the reference to "sandboxing" in the post is way beyond my pay grade. Perhaps the user's tip will be enough for the developers here or at Serif to fix this bug.

Richard Sigler

Please please add plugin support for Luminar 4 and Capture ONE. I  love Affinity Photo but need plugin support. Thanks.....

Elena Blum

Hi everyone,

Luminar is not compatible with Affinity Photo and the interactions of these two apps are not documented. 

Nevertheless, you can try installing the plugin for Affinity Photo manually.

1. Make sure Luminar 4 is closed.
    2. Open Affinity Photo.
    3. Navigate to the File > Edit > Preferences 
    4. Open Photoshop Plugins ( https://prnt.sc/topquh )
    5. Click on Add > Point Affinity to the Program Files >Skylum> Luminar4 folder (https://prnt.sc/tops56)
    6. Choose "Allow Unknown plugins to be used" https://prnt.sc/toprmc 
    7. Restart Affinity Photo app.

To use Luminar 4 as a plugin click on Filters > Plugins> Skylum Software>Luminar 4.

You can easily access Luminar 4 from Capture One in the following way: https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/how-to-user-skylum-s-luminar-4-with-capture-one?q=Capture+One 

Douglas Shill

Has anyone been able to get this to work? I never could so I just left it alone out of frustration, I preordered Luminar Ai in hopes that it would be addressed but it still hasn't. Unless this is supported and round tripping to works with Capture One & Affinity Photo, I can't use Luminar 4 or the new Luminar AI. Which means my purchase of both versions was a waist of valuable resources on my part. 

Nicolas Hosford

Douglas, I asked like a year ago and it's been ignored. Somebody from Skylum marked the question as "Answered." They answered by saying it doesn't work. 

I had the same thing happen to me. Purchased it to use in Affinity Photo been not got it working. 

Roy Blackwell

On my Windows 10 machines I have Luminar AI (and Luminar 4) working as plugins in Affinity Photo 1.8.5 and beta 1.9.0.

Douglas Shill

@Nicholas. Yeah, I purchased both versions to help me speed up my workflow. No round trip or plug-in support makes them a no-go! Rather unfortunate that’s we’re not the only ones. Tons of posts from other users with similar issue.

Douglas Shill

@Roy I should have written that I’m a Mac user. Not the only one in this thread either.

Matthew Stough

Add me to the group of Luminar 4 users wishing the plug-in version could work with Affinity Photo.  Clearly, Affinity Photo is now a viable non-subscription, affordable alternate Photoshop so a plug-in designed for Photoshop should work in AP.  Luminar is the bridge.  Even better is Luminar Flex for this purpose...just the edit panels, and no fluff of catalogs, themes, or templates.

B.Hawk

is there any update on this? I really need Luminar 4 and higher to work with Affinity Photo. :)

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

Please note that we do not officially support Affinity Photo, but we appreciate your feedback, so I will make sure to pass it to your developers.

Douglas Shill

Elena.. The skylum website advertises it as a plug-in and application for Mac and Windows. No where does it say the plug-in is exclusive to Photoshop. So basically, I wasted my money upgrading from 4, to Ai. Where can I request a refund?

Robert Loney

This is never going to happen. Some of us left comments over a year ago. Response is always the same. “We’ll pass it on”. There is no incentive for them to develop for Affinity.

Please sign in to leave a comment.