Comments

48 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Martin,

You should be able to use Luminar 4 as an external editor for Affinity, but we do not currently have official support for Affinity. Our developers are working on it, but I don't have an ETA for implementation at this time.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

Within Affinity Photo (1.7.3.481) I installed Luminar 4 as a plugin and it appears to work ok, in the limited testing I have done.

Bob Shrader

Please assign a higher priority to making the Luminar 4 for Mac plugin work in Affinity Photo. I'm now running this plugin in the photo editor PhotoLine, but my workflow would be simplified if I could avoid this step and run directly in Affinity Photo.

Luminar 4 is a great product, by the way!

Kate Williams

@Bob, I realize that it would make your workflow much smoother. I'll pass this request on to the business team for further consideration. While at the moment we have no precise ETA for this feature implementation, you guys will be the first to know once we have any news regarding that. Stay tuned. 

Robert Loney

I also would like this feature.

Helga Rowles

Hi Robert - I've passed your vote on to our tech team, thank you!

Richard Sigler

I would add my vote for a plugin for Luminar 4 with Affinity Photo. It would really help my workflow. I love the new sky replacement tool and AI Thanks.........

Sven Ritter

Hey, I also would add my vote for a Luminar 4 Plugin. 

L4 replaced LR for me, so it would be really nice to have the same features with plugins.

Thank you 

jfg001

add my vote for a plugin for Luminar 4 with Affinity Photo windows. It would really help my workflow. I love the new sky replacement tool.

Thanks

I would love to use Luminar 4 as a plugin within Affinity Photo. I could give Adobe the flick altogether. By the way I love Affinity Publisher. Adobe charged me $297 AUD to cancel InDesign but it was worth it.

Brad Ashbrook

add my vote for support of affinity photo as a plugin

Nicolas Hosford

I would love for this to work as well!

Nicolas Hosford

Roy Blackwell once you opened the plugin in Affinity Photo, did it automatically open Luminar? I open the plugin in Affinity but nothing seems to happen. 

Roy Blackwell

Nicolas Hosford, yes, it opens Luminar automatically.

Ray Cologon

@Nicolas Hosford I have the same experience. In Affinity Photo for MacOS, the Luminar 4 plugin appears in the menu, but selecting it results in a mini "Plugin started..." overlay being displayed interminably. Nothing happens (Luminar doesn't launch), there is no cancel option and the only way out at that point is to force-quit Affinity Photo.

I'm not sure what the cause is, but a number of other plug-ins do seem to work in Affinity Photo, so it seems there is something at issue with the Luminar 4 implementation.

Ray Cologon I am also trying to implement Luminar as a Plugin in my Mac OS (Mojave). 

So far the Plugin seems to be detected but Luminar does not launch from Affinity: 

But Affinity still works perfectly. How did you set-up the plugin in Affinity (what are the files/app files you registered in the Photoshop Plugin detection parameter) ? Here is my trying (though is doesn't work so far): 

Angela Andrieux Dear Angela, I hope you and Skylum teams are doing great! Could you kindly provide an update regarding the implementation of Luminar 4 (and else) as a Plugin in Affinity for Mac OS? Thanks a lot ;-) 

Ray Cologon

The Luminar 4 installer placed a file called "Luminar4Plugin.plugin" into the CS6 Plug-ins folder on my computer, at:

Applications>Adobe Photoshop CS6>Plug-ins>Filters

That folder was already selected as a "Plugin Search Folder" in the preferences pane of Affinity Photo.

The result is that Luminar 4 shows up on the Filter>Plugins menu in Affinity Photo. But, as noted above, selecting it causes Affinity Photo to stall (and Luminar 4 doesn't launch).

Brad Ashbrook

You got topaz plugins to work Ray?

Ray Cologon

@Brad Ashbrook  Yes, the Topaz Labs plugins I've tried have worked in Affinity Photo in the same way they work in Photoshop.

Ray Cologon I tried to add the folder that you display. Affinity still recognizes the Plugin but it doesn't launch. Nonetheless, nothing crashed. Which OS X are you using? 

Brad Ashbrook

Interesting, I haven’t been able to get topaz, Luminar or dxo to work.

Brad Ashbrook

Are these older versions of topaz?

Nicolas Hosford

Sounds like we all are using Affinity Photo and we are having the same issue. 

I am on Catalina and it's not working. 

Does anybody know how to get Skylum to take notice? 

Helga Egilsdottir

Hi Nicolas,

In this case, could you please kindly contact us via https://skylum.com/support? We will look into this and check what can be done. Thanks!

Ray Cologon

@Elvin Basson I'm using MacOS Mojave (10.14.6) and Affinity Photo v1.8.3  - - - FWIW.

I wouldn't say it "crashes" (which would mean quitting without notice). Rather it hangs - stays interminably with the "LUMINAR 4/Plugin started..." message on display, without actually launching Luminar 4 or loading anything.

I've tried walking away and leaving the above pane showing for up to a couple of hours, and nothing has changed when I come back. So I'd say that amounts to "stuck".  ; )

Ray Cologon

@Brad Ashbrook The Topaz Labs plugins I've got to work are their current AI products. Specifically:

• Topaz Sharpen AI v2.0.5
    • Topaz Denoise AI v2.1.6

I haven't tried any of the other TL products (nor older versions of either of these two) with Affinity Photo.

Bob Shrader

@Ray Cologon 

On macOS 10.15.4, Topaz Adjust AI v1.05, Topaz  Mask AI v1.1.0 and Topaz Studio 2 v2.31 in addition to the two plugins you listed run in Affinity Photo 1.8.3.180 Beta. (The older versions of Topaz plugins don't work -- I've tested.)

It would be appreciated by all if Skylum would make the Luminar 4 plugin compatible with Affinity Photo.

Brad Ashbrook

Ray Cologon

I have Topaz AI sharpen, adjust and denoise.

When I load them and click on from via a duplicate layer, nothing happens.

The AI files are plugins for photoshop and standalone applications. I have tried loading them through various plugin search folders with no luck. Am I searching them from the wrong way?

Please sign in to leave a comment.