Yellowish tint suddenly appears

Comments

4 comments

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mitch Kite

Hi Sebastian,

I have had similar problems, but not with Luminar.  I had been using ON1 Photo RAW for many years and then one day, I suddenly had an issue similar to what you described.  For me, the yellowish tint was not only on the thumbnails, but also there when I edited photos.  When I saved the photo, it looked nothing like it did on the screen.  I worked with ON1 technical support for a while and they were convinced that it was something on my system.  We even went back and installed earlier versions of ON1 Photo RAW and still the same issue.  I gave up and then downloaded a trial of Perfectly Clear.  I had the same issue with Perfectly Clear. The thumbnail rendered fine for a couple of seconds and then had the yellow tint.  When I opened the photo for editing it still had the tint..  I contacted their technical support and again, they couldn't figure anything out.  I should mention that the Perfectly Clear support was outstanding.  They contacted my within an hour of submitting my request for help and it was on a Sunday.

Anyway, this is how I found Luminar 2018.  I did not see this issue with Luminar so this became my "goto" photo editor.  I found some similar behavior described through a Google search and the person suggested that it is an issue with the calibration of the monitor.  I ended up getting a Colormunki calibration tool.  It took about 5 minutes to calibrate my monitors and then all of the colors rendered perfectly in all my photo editors.  

Sebastian Hehn

Hi Mitch,

thank you very much for that detailed answer!

I'm going to check out that monitor calibration tool - it's very strange.

The photo appears normal and in good colors, so do the thumbnails. a few seconds and then comes that yellowish tint over them. When I scroll down the thumbnails, the tint disappears on some of the thumbnails, and on some it comes again... Strange - Looks more like a bug than a monitor issue, I didn't also change anything. It did work well in the beginning,

Best regards,

Sebastian

Helga Rowles

Hi Sebastian,
    The reason why the image appears different at the beginning is that Luminar 3 generates the previews on the base of the embedded JPEGs (RAWs contain what's called an embedded JPEG - it's a JPEG with automatic adjustments applied by the camera) but when you switch to the Edit mode from the Filmstrip, it uploads the RAW file as it is.

Could you please send us know the following information via skylum.com/support form?

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type colorcpl in the dialog box that opens and press Enter on your keyboard.
    • Make a screenshot of the window that opens and send it to us.

If you have more than one display, select each display you use in the Device dropdown and send us screenshots for each display.

Please sign in to leave a comment.