Magic Mouse Issue

Answered

Comments

25 comments

Wolfgang Jarcik

to this question I get since months no correct answer. For Luminar 3, only either "later this year" or "we have no ETA" and for Luminar 4 no answer. 
    See my request from 5 months ago: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360047231451-Luminar-3-1-1-mit-Magic-Mouse-leider-unbrauchbar-

By the way, what does ETA mean?

Comment actions Permalink
    Peter Gladstein

It's really sad. Skylum, IMO has some leading edge AI technologies which are amazing. Unfortunately, Skylum has no soul regarding customer satisfaction or perhaps they do not know what they do not know. This issue is 9 months old and affects most Mac customers but no dot release - How do you reconcile that? BUT, we did get a new splash screen...

Helga Rowles

Hi Peter and Wolfgang, I'm afraid at the moment the Magic Mouse issue has a lower priority than other critical issues, that's why we can't provide you with a time frame for the fix.

Peter Gladstein

Let me make sure I understand. This issue is 9 months old and affects most Mac users and there is no date for a L3 fix and no commitment that it will be fixed in L4.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Helga Rowles,

one thing is for me at least clear, if this annoying thing is not resolved in Luminar 4, I will demand my money back immediately, because I've already thrown my money out to the window for Luminar 3. I'm waiting for a fix for months.

Per Grunditz

I am a Mac user (10.14.6 ) and I have the latest version of Luminar 3 and I use a Magic Mouse. Sorry but I am unaware of a mouse problem. Could anyone elaborate?

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Per Grunditz,

I use L3 stand alone. If I edit a picture and then want to work with the mouse and while touching the mouse with one finger, the picture jumps from one picture to another.

This was on all old Mac versions and also on all Luminar versions, and even now with the current versions Catalina and Luminar 3.

Per Grunditz

OK, I only ever use Luminar 3 as a plugin in PS 2019 so that is probably why I have never experienced the mouse problem. Sounds very annoying though! Sounds a bit strange that is is not fixed if this is something that affects a lot of users…

Wolfgang Jarcik

Yes that not only sounds annoying, it makes the use of the program impossible. It takes a few seconds to get back to the right picture.

Skylum suggested that I not use the Magic Mouse until an update appears. That was already a few months ago. I prefer not to use the program anymore.

Peter Gladstein

Helga,  Thanks for responding. Can you articulate/list the "other critical issues" ?

Thanks,

Pete

Christian Poulton

I too use the Apple Magic Mouse exclusively with my iMac and this is a really infuriating issue. All my other apps work just fine so I really can’t see what the big issue is for Skylum to fix it? I don’t want to use another mouse as I’m so used to using the Magic Mouse every day that its second nature for me.

Come on Skylum, really this can’t be the most difficult bug to fix and it’s low lying fruit that would greatly please nearly all of your Apple Mac users if resolved soon.

Louis Pengue

I also use Luminar 3.1.4 w/Catalina (10.15.1) as a stand alone app. Mac is a relatively new i9 and I also use a Magic Mouse. I have never experienced any anomalous operation with the mouse. Luminar 3 certainly has many current problems with Catalina and is unstable at times - but the mouse operation is fine for me. So I would not say that it's entirely Skylum's problem.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Christian, Hi Louis,

Which Version of Magic Mouse do you have? I have the Problem with my Magic Mouse 1

Louis Pengue

Wolfgang,

I have the Magic Mouse 2 and the same for the keyboard. The IMac is just a few months old. I have the mouse set up for right click, swiping and tapping for different functions. Hope this helps.

Louis

Wolfgang Jarcik

Louis thanks

Kathleen Petersen

Has there been any resolution to this issue?  No matter how I set up my Magic Mouse, the pictures won't hold still, I can be editing, or about to edit and suddenly, even if not touching the mouse, it will scroll down to a different image.  

Wolfgang Jarcik

except that months have passed, of course, nothing has changed.

Wolfgang Jarcik

I just imported the 4.2.0 update for Luminar 4 and was hopeful that this annoying Magic Mouse problem was finally solved. Unfortunately, this is still not the case after a few months. When using Luminar "standalone", the display jumps from one photo to the next with the slightest touch of the mouse - again unusable, annoying and very disappointing.

Christian Poulton

This is probably the number one issue that I have with Luminar. It's very frustrating indeed and I really can't see why Skylum don't fix this bug. Every other app that I have just works fine with the magic mouse?

Wolfgang Jarcik

und das ist die Antwort vom support:

Hallo Wolfgang,

danke für Ihre Rückmeldung!

Mir ist klar, dass diese Sache mit Magic Maus eine Unannehmlichkeit sein könnte. Unserer Entwickler wurde es bereits bescheid gegeben, dass die Funktion öffters angefragt wird und sie werden es in Betracht ziehen, die Funktion hinzuzufügen.

Es gibt dennoch noch keine genaue Zeitrahmen für dieses Update. Sobald wir diesbezüglich Neuigkeiten haben, werden wir Sie auf jeden Fall informieren.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Elena
    Skylum Support Team

Peter Gladstein

Team Skylum,

This issue/defect is over year old. I have a few simple questions.

1) Do you agree that this is an issue - yes/no

2) Can you replicate issue - yes/no

3) Do you plan on fixing - yes/no

4) If yes to question 3 then when?

PLEASE respond with YES/NO responses or when date - PLEASE no "talking points"

Thank You

P.S. No responses are OK. I need discrete answers so I can make an informed decision regarding my workflow.

Kirk Osborn

Hi! I escalated this question once again and got a response from our tech team. They raised the priority of this case and this issue will be fixed. Most probably the fix will be included in the next update. Please stay tuned.

Wolfgang Jarcik

und das ist die.heutige Antwort vom Support: 

Hi Wolfgang,

danke für die E-Mail.

Unsere Entwickler wissen von diesem Problem mit Magic Mouse und es wird in einem der zukunftigen Updates, wie versprochen, behoben.

Momentan sind wird aber auf die Leistungen von L4 konzentriert.

Danke für Ihr Verständnis.

Wir wünschen Ihnen und Ihrer Familie beste Gesundheit in dieser stressigen Zeit!

Dan Kinmonth

I found a temporary solution, sort of, but I'm wary to mention it because Skylum might consider it a "fix" to the problem and ignore the real issue.

If you can live without any mouse scrolling functionality in Luminar, go to Mac OS System Preferences, Accessibility, Pointer Control, Mouse Options, and uncheck the Scrolling button.

This will disable the Magic Mouse scrolling function in Luminar, and unfortunately the entire Mac. It solves the Luminar problem, but creates a Mac problem. So, what I did in the Mac OS Accessibility preference pane was check the button for Show Accessibility status in menu bar.

Now my Magic Mouse works fine 99% of the time on my Mac, but when I want to use Luminar I go up to the menu bar, open Accessibility, and turn off the mouse scrolling. When I finish Luminar, I go back to the menu bar and turn mouse scrolling back on.

It's a tedious solution, and quite frankly bs on the part of Skylum, but if you really need to use Luminar, and I do like it, this will work for now.

Wolfgang Jarcik

I got to try a trial version of Skylum this week. And actually the magic mouse problem was fixed. The fix should be included in the next update - finally.

Please sign in to leave a comment.