Luminar 3 compatibility issues with Catalina

Comments

9 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi James!
    Don't worry, you don't have to pay again, you just have to enter your activation credentials. 
    As for the issue with Catalina OS, we are working on it. We haven't released full support for Catalina OS yet.

Comment actions Permalink
    Shivanand Oss

Last night I downloaded "Catalina" from the Apple Store & this morning it won't allow me to use my Luminar 18. What am I to do? Do I need to upgrade my Luminar app?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Shivanand,

Luminar 2018 doesn't support MacOS Catalina. We have already updated Luminar 3 and Luminar 4 will be Catalina ready at launch.

Viv Gibbons

Hi
    My noiseless software
    Aurora 2018
    Intensify
    Tonality
    Don't work worth Catalina
    All Skylum products
    How long do I have to wait to get these fixed please.
    Out is most inconvenient for£4 busy photographers and we need them working fast.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Viv,

Unfortunately all Creative Kit applications (Noiseless, Intensify, Tonality, etc.) and Aurora HDR 2018 are all legacy applications and will not be updated for Catalina support.

We are working on a Catalina update for Aurora HDR 2019 which will be released by the end of the year. Additionally, most of Creative Kit's technology has been integrated into Luminar 3 (And Luminar 4 which will be released on November 18) and we invite you check it out!

Viv Gibbons

Hi Angela
    Will I be notified when the fix for aurora is released.?
    Mine is 2018 will that be fixed?
    Also Angela
    Does that mean noiseless, tonality & intensify will never work again?
    I have pre order Luminar 4
    Please update me on these creative kits
    I do not understand.
    Thankyou

Angela Andrieux

Hi Viv,

You'll get a prompt to update upon launching Aurora HDR 2019 when an update is available. We'll also post update notes in the Aurora HDR topic here in the forums so please keep an eye out there.

Aurora HDR 2018 will not be updated for Catalina, nor will the Creative Kit applications. They are several years old and were designed for the operating systems of the time. They will still work indefinitely, but only on computers that have compatible operating systems (i.e. those that cannot or choose not to update to Catalina).

Viv Gibbons

Hi Angela
    I am totally shocked.

Noiseless I can manage without as luminar 3 offer a denoise tool.
    Snapheal is actually working.
    So that just leaves
    Aurora 18 & Tonality
    Which you advise will not be made compatible with luminar 3 or 4 or any future luminary.
    Well I paid quite alot of money for those apps which are now useless.
    Does that mean that in the future as Mac keep updating there operating system luminary 3 or 4 or any other software I invest in that gets older may also become historic and not be updated?
    If so then my Purchases only have a very limited shelf life.
    Aurora 2019 is £92 -That may only last me 2 years.
    How can this be justified by your company?
    Also I may add without any possible warning that this may be the case.

If I have to accept this awful state of affairs - and my only option is to get on with it and purchase the new versions...
    Surely there is a discounted price for me to purchase aurora 19 having had 18?
    Is there an updated version of tonality?
    I await your further advices.
    Regards Viv

Anastasia Davis

Hi Viv! Please note that there will be updates for Luminar 3 as well. 
    As for Aurora HDR 2019, sure there is a special upgrade price for you. Please reach our support team to get it:
    https://skylum.com/support

Regarding Tonality it is our legacy app, we are not supporting it anymore. Nevertheless, you can find the same functionality in Luminar 3.

Please sign in to leave a comment.