Aurora - raw: plugin vs. without + handling

Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi ma jo,

I'll do my best to answer your questions:

1. The generated image is 32-bit and is in Aurora's proprietary format (.auh). Once you've finished editing you can export the image as a JPEG, PNG, TIFF, JPEG-2000, Photoshop PSD, or PDF. At this time it is not possible to save it as a DNG or any other raw file type where ACR would recognize it. For shadow recovery, I encourage you to test the sliders in the HDR Basic filter.

2. When using the Lightroom plugin, I find that the results do differ between using the raw or a copy with Lightroom changes. I often prefer to use the raw, but I encourage you to try both and see which results you prefer. If you open the raw, Aurora's own raw decoder will convert the images.

3. We don't currently have C1 plugin support, but you can use Aurora as an external editor.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!

Comment actions Permalink
    Elena Blum

Hi,

- It depends on which format and -bit your photos have. You can check it in the software:

When you export the photo, you're able to choose the format, .jpg, .tiff etc. You cannot export this in raw format after editing.

- If you use Aurora as a plugin for Lightroom, the photos will be exported to Aurora as .tiff files not raw, that's why it's probably a difference between them.

- Aurora isn't compatible with Capture One.

ma jo

hi Angela

thanks for your helpful infos - very appreciated. 

and thanks for the amendments.

I will try it out know.

have a great time

Please sign in to leave a comment.