Really fed up with super slow Luminar 3

Comments

5 comments

michael durkin

Mary, I do feel for you.

I brought Luminar 18 way back and I loved it even though it had loads of unfinished tweaks and crashes.

Like you I progressed to Luminar 3.. Same scam  c**p  marketing, same c**p performance, but now with baffling gimmick 'extras' no one wanted. Compounded by some weirdo 'Libery' - can't spell. This I assume, inserted to make sure you fall at the last hurdle should you have by some quirk, made it to actually processing a photo.

I have preordered a copy of Luminar 4.. What a fool I am - if they put one tenth of the money and effort they put in the promotion of this, their next example of non functioning scam nonsense..

Cont: P94

Comment actions Permalink
    Vita Bergman

Hi! 

We're improving Luminar 3 performance with each update.

Nevertheless, it might depend on several factors such as your hardware configuration, Library size and images format (it can take a bit more time to load RAW/TIFF/DNG files and generate the previews).

Vita Bergman

Hi Michael!

Please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support and we will be happy to help you troubleshoot the issues.

Bartosz Chromiński

Of course it depends on several factors. The biggest one (99%) is how luminar 3 is written as a software. 

I've ran Luminar 3 on i7 8th gen, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd and I have to wait for each photo to load for 6 seconds before I can start doing any edits. It's painfully slow if I plan to edit more than 10 photos. When I used i5 8gb machine I had to wait ~9-10 seconds. Not sure if I could find on earth a PC which would load photos for editing in luminar in 1 second, which is easily achieved in all other software :) 

I wish skylum all the best, but please stop with these PR stuff and get to the point. I'll check out luminar 4 in that matter (if there'll be any trial version), if it's still the same then software will be unusable as a everyday photo tool.

Elena Blum

Thank you very much for your appeal and your feedback. All our plans pertain to improving Luminar's performance, so we'll be sure to implement improvements in future releases.

Please sign in to leave a comment.