Folder showing 0 images

Comments

4 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi James,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can more thoroughly investigate this issue. Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    James Kirk

I am waiting for Luminar to fix this issue.  I have done a clean install of Luminar 3.1.4 twice and it still shows 0 images in newly created folders.  I am extremely disappointed in Skylum.  It makes me angry to see all of these Luminar 4 promotional posts when the company has clearly failed to attend to updating Luminar 3 so that it is compatiable with Mac Catalina.  The ball is clearly in Skylum's court.  Are they going to strike out?  At the moment, it looks like they may.  How sad!

Helena Carter

James,

Our developers are aware of the issue and they are working around the clock on fixing it. However, i would advice contacting Support via the contact form if you haven't yet. The more requests we have, the closer the fix is.

Louis Pengue

You can make the original folder with all of its edits and images work correctly again WITHOUT creating a new catalog. If you create a new catalog, any edits done will be lost. If you are importing new images, then a new catalog is an OK way to go. You can also create new folders that will work, but again - all edits are lost.

To restore full operation of the original "Library" folder that was corrupted with Catalina, you need to open Luminar, go to the Library Tab on the right and right click on the top level Library folder and RENAME it from within Luminar. That will re-establish the folder linkages in the current Catalog that were lost with the Catalina upgrade. This works for both L3 and L4 Library Folders. I have done this for both my L3 and L4 Libraries after many months of trying to find a workaround that didn't require me to re-edit thousands of photos. Skylum Support has not found a fix yet. I posted this info on another thread last week and many have had success with this fix. At most you may have to restart Luminar for all to sync up. Once done, you will have restored full capability to move images around at will in and out of folders. Hope this works for you!!

I have informed Skylum Support of this method of fixing the Folder Linkage problem, but haven't seen them act on the info.

Regards - Louis

Please sign in to leave a comment.