Luminar 4 License - Number of installations

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bernd,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can verify your purchase. Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Taffy Ledesma

HI Angela 

I've done what you've asked Bernd to do and yet have to receive a response.  They have also mentioned an Aug 7, 2019 cut off for purchasers as another criteria but nowhere in the email communications of Skylum to me does it mention anything about this date.  

I would like my 5 licenses just like the 5 licenses I have on L3 after upgrading from L2018.  Please check my transaction history as you will see I have bought almost the whole suite of Skylum products and often at pre-order including Luminar 4.  

Taffy 

Elena Blum

HI Taffy,

Please contact our support team and we will figure it out https://skylum.com/support

However, you can always reset your license counter in order to activate Luminar on a different computer if you have already exceeded the limit.

Moreover, you are able to add more seats to your license in the "My Software" section of your Skylum account for a small fee. 

Taffy Ledesma

Hi Elena

I hate to have asked my questions here but the replies here come faster than the support team. I have emailed them and I’ve been experiencing delayed replies.

The purchasing of extra licenses, while convenient, isn’t what I’d like to do. I’d like to be granted the same number or licenses as my purchases of L2018 / L3 and Photolemur and I believe I’ve complied with what it takes to get them.

With the frequent churn of Luminar products (3 versions all in two years - all of which are sold as new products) plus now the sale of additional licenses beyond 2, when previously 5 were standard, does send the message (to me at least) that Skylum is trying to boost its revenues at the expense of the customer. At least with Adobe, while expensive, you know what the terms are gonna be (and often in advance).

Kate Williams

Hi Taffy,

The early-bird purchasers are the first 20,000 who got their app before August 7th. They were entitled to an early release and a 5-device license. 

At this time, we're overflowing with the incoming requests, hence the delayed replies. I've requested an update on yours - our team will process it as soon as possible.

Please sign in to leave a comment.