Will Luminar 4 support dual monitor??

Answered

Comments

13 comments

Anna V

Hi Ed,

I am afraid that the initial version of Luminar 4 will not have the support of dual monitor. 

However, I will forward your request to the person in charge for further consideration. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Robin Sofer

Hi Team

I would suggest that a massive percentage of users would be using dual monitors these days so I would strongly suggest this is a critical component, to at least have the option  to show the key photo full screen during edits or photo library grid  in the second monitor to assist workflow.

Users may then seriously consider a move from a competing product. Only having the ability to use a single monitor seems old fashioned in my opinion, while the rest of the product has moved forward into new/AI technologies.

I appreciate the product team taking this recommendation aboard into the product lifecycle.

Helga Rowles

Hi Robin, I'll make sure to pass your vote on to our developers!

Daniel Batrac

I bought Luminar 3 a few months ago. No support for the second monitor is a KO criterion!?!? In addition, my workflow for panoramas is much more cumbersome than lightroom. So I stayed at LR. Now V4 tested... no support for second monitor!?!? I actually wanted to manage the recordings for Panos with LR and my "normal" images with Luminar 4, but I leave that. Wait until Luminar 11 appears or Adobe manages to make a top computer feel halfway like a top computer.

Daniel Batrac

+1245 Votes for second monitor support ;-)

Gary Poss

Just downloaded Version 4.0.0.4880 ~ activated ~ and am quite pleased.

HOWEVER ~ I and hundreds of others are Not Pleased with Blatant Lack of Dual Monitor Function !!!

You Have Seen All The Requests ~ You Know What To Do ............

JUST DO IT !!!

PLEASE !!!

NOW !!!

Best Regards :)

James Markus

I really was surprised that Luminar 4 didn't support multi-monitors. Please add me to those requesting this feature. In fact, I'd like the library on one monitor, and the editor on the other.

Vita Bergman

Hi James!

Thanks for the suggestion, I will make sure to add you on the list.

Martin Harris

Hi Vita

Yes, I very much agree with James and the others. This will prevent me seriously considering upgrading. Here's hoping for this feature soon! :) Best wishes, Martin

Philip Colmer

I recently purchased a iMac with 27” screen and together with an existing 24” Asus ProArt screen was looking to purchase a photo editing software package for use with 2 screens in extended mode set up. 

Having decided to purchase Luminar 4. I realised, looking at the latest 4.1 update that whilst now allowing a 2 monitor set up it is only in a mirrored configuration. This will not assist editing across 2 screens as other similar software i.e Serif Affinity Photo and PhotoDirector which I find very surprising and disappointing. I am therefore now considering not purchasing Luminar 4 unless an update for this feature is imminent.

Could skylum please let me know what current thinking is on adding this feature in the foreseeable future.

Many thanks

Florian Brody

Of course, a modern imaging software supports two monitors - I assumed that  I am too stupid to find the setting - only now do I find out that the software does not support scratch disks, 2 monitors, ...

So it stays what it is - nice tool to replace the sky and mess around with "creative" images. I'm a Skylum fan - now please grow up and deliver a tool that manages images and shows images in a 2020-way.

Guenther Kauf

No 2nd Monitor => No business.... IT IS A MUST!!!

I too just purchased Luminar 4 only to find out it does not support dual monitors. Very disappointed as other photo editing programs I have used have this capability. I am trusting that with all the comments, Skylum will add this capability in it's next upgrade. Hopefully, this will be a free upgrade unlike some of their competition. So far I have been pleased with the what I can do on Luminar 4 just need to have the ability to work on one monitor and stream the completed work to a second monitor.

Thank you

Please sign in to leave a comment.