L4 catalog database - will it be brand new?

Comments

5 comments

Anna V

Hi Tony, 

I am afraid that the logic of managing the catalog remains the same in Luminar 4.

However, we will do our best to make it speedy and more stable. 

Please make sure to update Luminar 3 to the latest version and check it out.

We have added the new functionality "Lost Edits" that allow recreating the edits. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Tony Collins

Thanks Anna - but I have an open support request for 2 months. So far, skylum haves been unable to help me get my catalogue working again (Problems started when I updated to the latest version SO THAT I could use the lost edits feature after moving files - which didn’t work anyway). (I have a thread in the mac support forum with most of the case history that I created to help your support team have the complete picture.)

Tony Collins

A related question - will L4 allow me to seamlessly and smoothly (without breaking links to edits that then have to be “found” again) move my files from one drive to another? (eg from my working drive to my archive drive)

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tony,

If you move the files, you can find them by launching Luminar and then right-clicking on the missing parent folder and choosing Locate. When moving files/folders, please be sure to keep the file/folder names the same. If they are changed Luminar will not be able to re-associate them.

Tony Collins

Thanks

But it was trying this (which failed to work) that left me with my currently broken catalog file that support have so far (two months in) been unable to fix.

Just as a heads up - I'm currretnly trialling Exposure X5 and On1 photo raw. Both of these can quite esily move photos from drive to drive without any drama. Somithing any software which calls itself a DAM should be able to do.

Please sign in to leave a comment.