Luminar 3 no longer starts

Comments

7 comments

David Young

May I suggest you send this detail to the support team at Luminar, they will be able to help better than this community 

Comment actions Permalink
    Anna V

Hi,

Please try reinstalling the app in the following way: 

• Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    • Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall](you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    • Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    • Find and delete the contents folder “Luminar 3” except for StateSettings file;
    • Go to Pictures -> Luminar Catalog and rename it (if you have the Catalog in another folder, please navigate to it and rename it); 
    • Install the app once again and launch it: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar/win/Luminar3_Setup_offline.exe 

Please try increasing the size of your pagefile as in the example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-to-increase-virtual-memory-in-windows-10-a/46dacaf5-15cf-4f5d-9d5a-cba1401ae4c9

If the issue remains, please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support  and we'll be happy to help.

I tried the steps, but it still won't start so I have contacted support.

Thanks,

Jim

David Young

I do wonder if the latest Windows update caused the issue, can you take out the last update and see if Luminar works?

It looks like last update on this system was like 7/2019, and I *know* that Luminar 3 was working in the last week, so I don't think the problem is a windows update?

Thanks,

Jim

Anna V

Hi,

Please also try the following solution:

1. Download Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.
    2. Download Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Select your preferred language, click Download, mark vcredist_x64.exe with a checkbox, and click Next to download it.
    3. Download Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable here (click this text to open link). Download should begin automatically as soon as you click the link.
    4. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type in Add or remove programs. Windows will suggest the matching app, open it.
    5. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    6. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    7. In the list of installed applications locate all entries that have Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable in the title and uninstall them one by one.
    8. Install the package you downloaded in Step 1.
    9. Install the package you downloaded in Step 2.
    10. Install the package you downloaded in Step 3.

Hi,

I got it working - I had to reboot the machine, and then now Luminar 3 is starting ok again.

Thanks,

Jim

Please sign in to leave a comment.