Picasa

Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Henk,

There should be no issue in having both Luminar 3 and Picasa installed on your computer.

Can you clarify what you mean by "all kinds of maps(photo's) are created in Picasa"? I'm not sure I understand if you're encountering an issue.

Comment actions Permalink
    Henk Siepel

Hello Angela,

Sorry for my English but I try to explain. My photo’s have I stored on the computer in Pictures with several maps. For improving these photo’s I use Picasa.
    As I have told I have bought Luminar3 to create more possibilities. The problem of the computer I am using today is that he isn’t fast/strong enough to work and learn probably Luminar3. I will buy in a short time a new one.
    In Picasa my photo’s are showed in the same Maps. When I start Luminar and try to change one of some photo’s, the problem is that in Picasa more Maps(some with just one photo) showing up. I'm talking about the maps with the numbers on the left side. I have to delete them every time. There is probably a relation between Picasa and Luminar wich I cannot explain. I hope you can help.

Henk Siepel

Kate Williams

Hi Henk,

That may be due to the fact that Picasa is pointed to the Pictures folder where Luminar Catalog is located. The Luminar Catalog folder contains a Preview Cache, so when you're applying any edits to the photo in Luminar, it generates new previews for the file which become visible in Picasa. 

The solutions can be as follows: 

a) either exclude Luminar Catalog from indexing in Picasa; 

b) or relocate Luminar Catalog folder to the folder that is not 'read' by Picasa. 

Here's how you can relocate Luminar Catalog folder:

• Make sure Luminar is closed.
    • Go to the Pictures folder (C:\Users\%username%\Pictures).
    • Relocate the Luminar Catalog folder.
    • Go to Luminar 3 - File - Catalog - Open and choose the location of Luminar Catalog.

Please sign in to leave a comment.