From Luminar 3 to Luminar 4

Comments

6 comments

Anna V

Hi Jo Ann Harmon, 

You still can reach us via http://www.skylum.com/support  

Luminar 4 is a paid upgrade but we still are going to release free updates for Luminar 3. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Dan Worland

Don’t buy luminar 4! They are selling preorders and they are dropping support for canon, Mac, and I hear some new Nikon cameras. So why invest in a company that likes to sell software but quickly becomes incompatible. I’ve asked for a refund on my preorder and have yet heard back. I’ll give them another day then I guess I’ll call my credit card company and file a complaint.

Anna V

Hi Dan,

We are not dropping support for Luminar 3 and it will be still updated with new cameras, see the roadmap: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap 

We usually reply within 24 hours but due to the surge of incoming mail after the launch, it might take longer.

Dan Worland

I have seen your roadmap. I I have read responses form Skylum as far back as last year about CR3 support is coming “soon”

My frustration is that Skylum invests so much into marketing but very little effort into the actual product. Hence yesterday’s release of macs Catalina support. Up to yesterday we were told not to update our OS if we wanted L3 to work. When you pushed the update, people can’t get it installed and are now told to download another 3rd party software to do a complete removal and reinstall. Seriously? Who does that? Isn’t this embarrassing for you as a company? A software company that can’t make software that DOES’NOT require a third party software to help Skylum put software on the computer.

As far as CR3 support, I have to now off load my card, use ADOBE’s DNG converter to convert the raws ro something L3 can see (doubling my HD space required) again, your using other companies software so your customers can use your product. I get that if it was a fix for a coupe days while you work through issues buts after a year it’s now obvious that you just pushed that on the back burner so you can release L4 and sell us another package to beta test for you.

Again I love the idea of luminar. I just wish the product was usable.

Jeffery Templeton

If I've upgraded and installed Luminar 4 can I go ahead and delete 3 from my Mac?

Vita Bergman

Hi Jeffrey! 

Feel free to delete Luminar 3 from your Mac, this will not cause any harm to Luminar 4.

Please sign in to leave a comment.