Lunmiar 4: is it able to import lightroom catalogs

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Anna V

Hi Susanne, 

If you refer to LR migration tool: we are not going to develop it on our own. Currently, we are conducting negotiations with our partners that will be able to develop the separate migration tool for LR users.

However, there is a workaround:

This workflow is designed to consolidate your Lightroom library to a single location.  All photos and their existing folder structure will be migrated.  At this time, albums, IPTC metadata, and adjustments will not transfer.  

In case you are interested in the workaround please contact us via

http://www.skylum.com/support 

Comment actions Permalink
    Lavrentios Servissoglou

Will Luminar 4 support (hierachical) keywords (reading/writing it from/to XMP, JPG, TIFF files)?

Vita Bergman

Hi Lavrentios!

As for the keywords, they will not be supported in the initial release of Luminar 4. However, we will consider the possibility of their implementation in future updates. Stay tuned!

Lavrentios Servissoglou

Thanks. The same I read for Luminar 3. From my point of view keywords are very important if you have more than thousand photos. The success of LR is not only based on the possibilities to work with RAW pictures, but to provide a feature rich library, too ...  :-(

Morten Andreassen

Hi

I totally agree with Lavrentios. The promotion focus for luminar have always been "a lightroom killer" and the main target lightroom users. A migration tool have been promised several times, but in reality the project looks dead. Skylum should be honest about it. 

It's hugely disappointing  !!

Personally i'm at Luminar 4, but i'm not going one step further unless a functional migration tool is avalible. 

I'm still using LR, despite having both the luminar 3 and 4. What really says å lot for that the luminar software are missing. 
    It it hard throwing the LR in the bin, as for luminar... 

Best.

M

Christian Poulton

These guys are actively developing a migration tool: https://cyme.io

Please sign in to leave a comment.