Introduction, New to Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Roger! Welcome :) Good to hear that you are excited about Luminar 4 as much as we are.

Cheers!

Comment actions Permalink
    Roger Bolt

When I pre-purchased the new Luminar 4 for $69 the receipt mentioned software release in November. I assume I will receive an email to download. Any update on the actual release date? Feel like a kid before Christmas. :-)

Angela Andrieux

Hi Roger,

We are on track for the November release and will be sharing the exact date soon. :) We're excited, too!!

Roger Bolt

Thank you Angela. I have a HP PC 1T. I hope my download activation code is not for MAC only. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Roger,

You can use your activation code on both the Mac and Windows versions.

Gareth Sewell

Am really looking forward to this as well!

D. Brown

I am a longtime LR and PS user and have been happily using Aurora HDR for a little less than a year.  I pre-ordered Luminar 4 and just downloaded it today.  What I don't know is whether to use the plugin or the standalone.  I would like to be able to use both, but I'm not sure that's possible.  Will be using both my iMac and MacBook Pro. 

• Can I install both plugin and standalone on a single computer?
    • Can it install the standalone on the MacBook and install the plugin on the iMac?
    • Can I install the plugin now, but come back in six months to remove the plugin and install the standalone on the same license?

Thanks,

Dave

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dave,

You can use Luminar 4 as a standalone and as a plugin.

It is a single installation. When you install Luminar 4, the plugins are automatically installed as well. There is no way to remove the plugin without also removing the standalone version. The standalone version is required for the plugin to work.

I hope that helps!

Please sign in to leave a comment.