MacOS 10.15 Catalina Compatibility

Pinned Featured Answered

Comments

146 comments

Mick Garratt

So Intensity CK is no longer supported. Really disappointing that.

So, do I "upgrade" to this magic Luminar 3, which no doubt has a limited life as it will too become a "legacy app"?

Or jump to Luminar 4?

Judging by this fiasco Skylum's customer service and support is not the best.

Decisions, decisions.

Can anyone recommend a good alternative?

Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasia Davis

@Mick Please note that Intensify CK is quite an old app. We are focused on Luminar and it will not become a legacy app.

Luminar 4 is the latest version available, it will be released tomorrow.

Colin Grant

The price of Capture One might well frighten the life out of you. Give L4 a go via the free trial. I am no fan of the way Skylum have behaved or L3 but L4 is running ok on my Mac in stand alone mode and is also working great as a Lr plugin. Yes it is different but I am getting used to that. It is not perfect but it gives good results and I have used it all day without a crash. 

Daniel Cox

I installed Luminar 4 on my Mac and it is working fine. The new interface and grouping of tools is a big improvement. I wish the metadata was better but for $49 upgrade price it is very good and meets my photo editing needs.

Bowman Gray

REALLY ENJOYING THE TOPAZ AI ADJUST... GIVE IT A TRY! PRICE IS RIGHT AND BOTTOM LINE - IT WORKS AS IT'S SUPPOSED TO... I'M DONE WITH SKYLUM... OF COURSE, IT WOULD SEEM THEY WERE DONE WITH ME/US WHEN THEY CHOSE TO ABANDON 4 OUT OF 6 SOFTWARE PACKAGES (ONLY ONE OF WHICH ACTUALLY FUNCTIONS) I BOUGHT FROM THEM WITHOUT TELLING ME UNTIL THIS WHOLE FIASCO BEGAN WITH THEM DROPPING THE BALL COMPLETELY. STILL, NO ATTEMPT TO APOLOGIZE OR TELL ANY OF US WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO TO ATTEMPT TO KEEP US AS CUSTOMERS. I AM ACTUALLY EMBARRASSED FOR THEM.

bryan edwards

Are we (3) users going to be upgrade to 4 for free? I have not been able to use my license for 50%+ of the time Or are they giving a full refund?

Colin Grant

It is not a free upgrade and why have you not been able to use your license for 50% of the time? It is a license for L3 yes?

Bowman Gray

Don’t hold your breath for anything even remotely approaching a satisfactory response from Skylum. Capture One or Topaz’s suite of applications do a better job anyway. Cut your losses and move on.

Helena Carter

bryan edwards,

We have contacted you via email.

Bill K

Lawrence - what version are you running?  I thought I have the latest and I can make edits but nothing can be saved unless I save to Photos which results in a massive tiff.

The only way to undo edits has always been Revert to Original when using L as a Photos Extension.

Helena Carter

For everyone encountering issues with Catalina.

We've just got a word from our Technical department and they told us that an update with fix will be released as soon as possible.

Please, stay tuned!

Helena Carter

Eric,

Definitely not months, we can assure you. We can't tell you now when exactly, but this time soon means really soon.

Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,

We have released an update with Catalina OS support. Please, refer to this post:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006385539

If you're facing any issues installing the update, please, contact us via https://skylum.com/support

Colin Grant

@David Ashley, there is no update for Flex just yet.

Nick Franklin

Why where users of Tonality not informed that it would not be comparable with Catalina. So pissed right now. App loads, can edit, but won't save in Photos.

Helena Carter

For Everyone,

Please, note that the new update for Luminar 3 (3.1.4) has fixed compatibility issues on Catalina OS. However, we plan releasing another update. Will announce the date later.

If you're facing any issues with our software, please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you.

Kate Williams

Hi everyone, 

The initial Luminar 4 release should be compatible with Catalina.

The compatibility updates for Luminar 3, Luminar Flex and Aurora HDR 2019 will follow shortly. Please stay tuned. 

Kate Williams

Hi Bill,

The compatibility update would mean that all features Luminar has now, including extension functionality, will be running fine on Catalina. As soon as we have a precise timeframe for such an update, we will let everyone know.

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Nick! I am afraid that Tonality CK is our legacy app, thus we are not supporting it anymore.

Elena Blum

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention! Indeed, it's a legacy app, but there are still a lot of people who don't have Catalina and want to buy Intensify. We will definitely expand the compatibility information on the app store.

Elena Blum

Hi,

We are constantly updating our software to improve the stability of it and to make the user experience better.

Please contact our support team if you have any issues and we will do our best to assist you https://skylum.com/support

Anna V

Hi Chase, 

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support  and we'll be happy to help.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Boman,

We'll be releasing updates for Aurora HDR and Luminar Flex for Catalina compatibility by the end of the year. Thanks for your patience!

Angela Andrieux

Hi - I can confirm that Luminar 4 will be Catalina-ready, but I don't have an ETA on the updates for Luminar 3 and Aurora HDR quite yet.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Craig! As we noted, we will provide Catalina OS support for Luminar 3 as well. We just need some time. 

Post is closed for comments.