MacOS 10.15 Catalina Compatibility

Pinned

Comments

65 comments

Mr.E

Wow, thanks 4 the Caspture 1 recommending. Turns out to be free for Sony and Fuji camera users. It’s great. Best of all: I can kick out Luminar/Skylum and go back to taking photos at last. Goodbye all. πŸ‘πŸ˜„

Comment actions Permalink
    David Ashley

I'm using Luminar 4 as an extension to Photos on macOS 10.15 (having 'upgraded' from Luminar Flex at some expense).

If I change a sky (especially if it's one of my own) then, frequently, but not always, the edits will not save (the 'save changes' button does not respond).

I'm not the only one experiencing this issue and would request that it is addressed urgently.

NOTE: If I use the Skylum workaround I end up with TIF files 4 times the size of the original.

Kate Williams

Hi David ,

This is not something commonly reported to our tech team. Therefore, we'd like to take a closer look at the issue. 

Please provide us with the following information via https://skylum.com/support:

Please send us a screen recording of the issue. Here's how to record your screen on Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording and the original files you're working with:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the reply to this email.

Moreover, please collect the log from console: 

1. In Finder, navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    2. Start Console.
    3. Type in Luminar in Console's search bar in the upper right and press Enter on your keyboard.
    4. Start Luminar and try reproducing the issue. Make sure to note all the steps you perform in the app that cause the issue.
    5. Go back to Console, select all entries in it (to do so you can press CMD+A on your keyboard) and press CMD+C on your keyboard to copy them to clipboard.
    6. Create a new text document and paste (CMD+V) the contents of the clipboard there.
    7. Send us the text document you created in Step 6.

Hope to hear from you soon.

David Ashley

Thanks Kate. I've done as requested. The information has been provided in a support ticket.

I hope this gets fixed quickly.

Oops - I copied all the text from Console into the support ticket instead of into a text document first. I can send a text doc when the tech team communicates with me.

Louis Pengue

If you are having problems with the Library that was corrupted with Catalina (Both L3 & L4) and can't see, move or edit photos - if folders are grayed out or show "0" contents even though photos have been added . . .

Please try the following fix for the "Folders" linkage problem:

You can make the original folder with all of its edits and images work correctly again WITHOUT creating a new catalog. If you create a new catalog, any edits done will be lost. If you are importing new images, then a new catalog is an OK way to go.

To restore full operation of the original "Library" folder that was corrupted with Catalina, you need to open Luminar, go to the Library Tab on the right and right click on the top level Library folder and RENAME it from within Luminar. That will re-establish the folder linkages in the current Catalog that were lost with the Catalina upgrade. This works for both L3 and L4 Library Folders. I have done this for both my L3 and L4 Libraries after many months of trying to find a workaround that didn't require me to re-edit thousands of photos. Skylum Support has not found a fix yet. I posted this info on another thread last week and many have had success with this fix. At most you may have to restart Luminar for all to sync up. Once done, you will have restored full capability to move images around at will in and out of folders. Hope this works for you!!

I have informed Skylum Support of this method of fixing the Folder Linkage problem, but haven't seen them act on the info.

Regards - Louis

Post is closed for comments.