catalina and luminar 2018 poss glitch

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Kirk Osborn

Thanks for reaching out.

We are aware of the issues with Apple Photos Extension on MacOS Catalina. Our tech team is going to fix these issues in the next update, which will be released later this year.

Please stay tuned and check for updates.

Comment actions Permalink
    Tomasz Gomolka

@Kirk, I cannot wait till the end of the year for the fix! I'm using Luminar for my business. After upgrading to catalina I cannot edit my Nikon RAWs anymore, only JPEGS

Please help ASAP

Best

Tomasz

Helena Carter

Please, note that we will update only Luminar 3 which is free for you as a Luminar 2018 owner.

We're really sorry, but currently, there are no workarounds until a compatibility update is released.

Andrew Mercer

Gotta love that statement:
    "We're really sorry, but currently, there are no workarounds until a compatibility update is released."

Basically reads that we were too disorganised and stupid to test or plan for an update that everyone knew was coming and has had public Betas out since early June. We don't care about our customers or service. Oh - but please spend money with us to upgrade to the next poorly supported product we're trying to hock.

In the meantime the product you already paid money for won't work till we finish having our long nap.

What a great way to build a loyal customer base.
    Sigh :-(

Cheng Leong Chua

Hi, with regards to "We are aware of the issues with Apple Photos Extension on MacOS Catalina. Our tech team is going to fix these issues in the next update, which will be released later this year.",  has the fix been released ???  Thank you.

Helga Rowles

Hi Cheng! Yes, we've released a compatibility update for Luminar 3.

Cheng Leong Chua

Is Luminar 2018 Luminar 3?
    I’m having Luminar 2018.

Helga Rowles

Luminar 3 is a free upgrade for Luminar 2018 owners.

You can download it following the link below:
    https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar/mac/mac_installer/Luminar3Installer.zip

Your activation info remains the same.

Cheng Leong Chua

I downloaded the Luminar 3 as per your instruction.  But the activation requires an activation key which I do not have because I bought my copy of Luminar on Apple's App Store.  So how do I proceed?  Thanks.

Kate Williams

Hi Cheng Leong Chua

Please contact our team at https://skylum.com/support and send us a screenshot of your "Purchased" tab in the Mac App Store so we can verify your purchase and provide you with a key.

To make a screenshot simply press Command+Shift+4 and select the area on the screen. The screenshot will automatically be saved on your desktop. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.