Saving a 25812 x 12906 panorama

Comments

13 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Anthony,

We are continuously working to improve the software and performance. At this time there is no fixed limitation on the file size that Aurora can handle - it has more to do with the hardware configuration of your machine. Can I ask what your computer's specifications are?

Comment actions Permalink
    Sherwood Botsford

This is an unreasonable feature request at this time.  Given that a 40 MP image  is 5000 x 8000 pixels, and that's the upper end...

You export a 25K x 12K image.  That's 300 MP.  That file is a gigabyte uncompressed.  What do you want to do with it?

Even billboards don't need more than 2000 x 6000 pixels.  You don't view billboards from 2 feet away, so marble sized pixels are fine.

If you want to create images that can be zoomed in, look at stitching your images togehter using Imagemagick, then creating a pyramidal TIFF with them, and serving them on the web with something like Cantaloupe. (https://medusa-project.github.io/cantaloupe/manual/3.4/getting-started.html)

Anthony Brenelière

@Angela

I have an Intel i5 4400 16 GB RAM, SSD, GPU GTX 970. I don't think there is a problem with my configuration because  images can be open, I perform the whole HDR process (configuring HDR, settings, visualize changes, etc.)..

It is only when I want to export the image (File, Export.. ) , the button export is disabled for images bigger the 15000px wide. So it's in fact a software limitation.

@Sherwood, 

HDR processing must done after stitching image, not before. 

My camera is 20 MP for 90 degrees, so stitched uncompressed files are 1 951 935 ko , if I downsize them to 15K wide, they are 659 182 ko size uncompressed, so I do have an important loss of details.

Julia Kot

Hi Anthony,

We would highly appreciate if you can send us your original file so that we can test it on our side.

You can upload the file to WeTransfer & send us a shared download link.

Thank you in advance!

Anthony Brenelière

@Julia

Here is a permalink on my original photos:

https://imagroupe-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/a_breneliere_imaprotect_fr/Eqrc3419GmBJkzLHRASzPnABDuP2Z7eiH9Yrf4IalanPTA?e=dk0Il6

I could not use WeTransfer because it is larger than the 2gb limit.

Anthony Brenelière

Hello, is there some news about this feature ? Did you successfully download the 5 images ?

Is there a specific reason why the limit to 15000px width ?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Anthony,

We will work toward supporting larger images in the future. For now, the limit is 15,000 px on the long edge and a size up to 1.5 GB.

peter broomhead

I would also like to see luminar support for images larger than 15,000

Yaroslav Kizyma

Note taken, we are working on it. There is no ETA for that just yet, so stay tuned for the updates.

Anthony Brenelière

Hello,

Is there some news about this feature ?

(It's just the save's dialog box button to activate)

Denis Kotsee

I wish it was that simple but saving larger images is not a question of activating a button, there's more work to that. No news at the moment, sorry.

Anthony Brenelière

Hello, I just saw Aurora 2019 is ready to come out, does it accept to save larger image than 15000 pixels ?

I understand ther may have work to do but why a limit to 15000 px ? If it accepts to save 15000px wide, it may work with 15001 px, or more... doesnt' it ?

Leila Evans

Hi! Aurora HDR 2019 also has this limitation. Maybe we will increase it in the future.

Please sign in to leave a comment.