Noise when I use lens auto correction

Comments

30 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Christian,

No, that is not the intended result. 

We would appreciate if you send us a screenshot with information about your PC.

On Windows 7 or 8 click on "Start", then right-click the Computer shortcut and select Properties, from the Start menu or from most places where you see the Computer shortcut. Some options how to make a screenshot on Windows 7 or 8 can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

On Windows 10 right click on "Start Menu" and click on "System" in pop-up menu to open "System" window. Press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn” and the screenshot will appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder. 

We would highly appreciate if you can send us one of your original files. You can upload the file to www.WeTransfer.com & send us a shared download link to support@skylum.com.

Once we have your computer specs and one of your images we will do some testing. Thanks in advance for helping us sort this out!

Comment actions Permalink
    Christian Mueller

Done! ;-)

Regards
    Christian

Jason Mills

The same issue for me, I just logged a support request and have just sent an image via wetransfer.

Win 10 Ver 1803, Intel Core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.8 GHZ 16 GB Ram,  1 TB Samsung nvme SSD

Julia Kot

Hi guys!

We've received your image file, Jason. Thanks!

I have passed this issue to our devs. I'll keep you informed here. 

Jason Mills

Thanks Julia :-) Much appreciated!

Julia Kot

Hey guys,

Our devs promised to fix the issue in the upcoming updates. 

Thanks for your cooperation :) 

Jason Mills

Hi,
    Any idea when this fix is going to be available? It really is a pain.

Denis Kotsee

We're going to release an update for Luminar in the upcoming weeks. I don't know the feature list yet but fingers crossed.

Jason Mills

Seriously, we keep hearing up coming weeks or soon or upcoming updates. Can't you release a targeted fix for this? I can't do something a basic as lens corrections!

Christian Mueller

Problem is not fixed with the new update 1.3.0.2214.

You promised that it would. What happened?

Without a fix lens correction and chromatic aberration correction are not usable with Windows. 

You should work on your prioritization of issues.

Jason Mills

Not fixed for me also.  This has got to the plain dumb stage.

How do i get a refund?

Angela Andrieux

@Jason - You can request a refund by emailing support@skylum.com.

Jason Mills

Cool as, and done.

Thanks. 

Christian Mueller

Unfortunately again not fixed in V.1.3.1.

Morten Erbs

I have the same problem when editing raw files. It also happens when using the transform tool. However, when exporting to jpeg the noise is gone....

Angela Andrieux

@Morten - Can you send us an example to support@skylum.com? Your original raw, a specific list of edits made, and the exported JPG would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Morten Erbs

@Angela

File is send via WeTransfer and mail with description :-) 

Julia Kot

Thanks, Morten :) We will check them

Morten Erbs

To give an example of the problems - the first is a screenshot from Luminar 2018 - the next is a screenshot of the saved jpeg file without any edits between them. As you can see the first is extremely noisy.

It is impossible to edit pictures when the software behaves like that.

Julia Kot

Hi Morten,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Our team is working on the fix around the clock. Hope it will be fixed soon. 

Elias AL ALAM

Hi Julia,

I have the trial version on my computer and I got the same problem. I found a way to fix it while editing. I hope this will be fix in the next version.

To fix the noise (not the perfect solution but it works very well) follow this instruction:

1- in Raw develop -> lens (the noise will appear), than

2- Go the Layers in the menu and select "Create New Stamped layer", Luminar will create a copy including all the modification in a layer. In this layer all the noise will be completely removed. 

I hope this problem will be fixed in the future release and the Organize menu be added before I bought the software. Great Job.

Regards,

George Dina

This is still here in Luminar 3.3.0.0 (1533).
    I really do not want to do a workaround  with layers, it slows down a lot the process.

Since this is a 8+ months bug (with a promise to patch it dating 6 months ago) I am a bit bummed. This makes editing work nearly impossible.

I will wait the next one or two updates (not being able to use the software meanwhile though). If this is not addressed, I will switch back forever to my previous editing setup.

________

System info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    System Manufacturer LENOVO
    System Model 20ET003ARI
    System SKU LENOVO_MT_20ET_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad E460
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    Solid State Drive Transcend 370 Premium Series 256GB TS256GSSD370S

Sam C

This still isn't fixed. It's a pretty serious issue, particularly wit Fuji lens

What's the ETA?

Maybe go look at the source code from RawTherapee?

S. Nic

I am wondering that this issue seam still not fixed. Bought yesterday Luminar 3 and I am suprised to see this issue.
    Really want to leav Lightroom but not in this way.
    Do you have any ideas how to solve it?

Brian Karrick

I didn't have this issue before, but now I do and my images are crazy noisy! This thread seems like it's been forgotten, with no solution. What's the deal hear? That lightroom subscription plan is starting to look much more reasonable. Please give us an answer skylum.

Helena Carter

Hello Brian,

I'm so sorry to hear that. Please, contact our Support Team providing as many details as possible and they will gladly help you out. Use this contact form: https://skylum.com/support

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Juan Lillo Lobos

More than a year has passed and this error continues. Luminar is completely useless for editing photos taken at wide angle. At least the ones of my Canon G7X mark ii takes.

The noise is so great that you send the photo directly to the trash.

Anna V

Hi Juan, 

Could you please specify if you have contacted us via support? 

Once we have a lot of complaints regarding this issue, it will become more prioritized and will be resolved faster. 

Juan Lillo Lobos

Anna:

I effectively contacted support. The answer was that they know the problem exists and they have no approximate date. I asked if the same thing will happen in Luminar 4 but I had no answer.

Anna V

Juan,

Thank you for contacting.

As far as I can see, we sent the response to you on Sep 17. 

I am sorry to say but for now, we don't have any exact info regarding Luminar 4. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.