MAC Catalina

Comments

30 comments

Olafur Sigurdarson

Same, identical problem here!

Comment actions Permalink
    Helga Rowles

Hi, unfortunately, Luminar hasn't been updated to support MacOS Catalina yet. Our tech team will make sure to fix these issues in the next update, which will be released later this year.

Tim Stahmer

Does this mean that Skylum is NOT a registered Mac developer? And has NOT had beta versions of Catalina since it was released last June? And has NOT been working since that release to make its software compatible with Catalina? And that they were surprised by this major new release? One that literally everyone else knew was coming this month? And that those of us who have upgraded to Catalina will now have to wait until "later this year" to import new images to our library?

Just trying to make sure I understand the situation.

Colin Grant

Elsewhere Olha is saying the compatibility update might be out by year end. Yet L4 is due out in November.

Gene Flanigan

What happened to those of us who paid early to get version 4? When is that coming?

It seems it's back to the same old thing here.... broken promises on timelines, weeks turn into months, and months into sometime next year....

Angela Andrieux

Hi Gene,

Luminar 4 is still on track to be released in November as planned.

Gal Steinberg

I have the same problem, please release an update immediately, as other software companies have done.

This is why Apple has developer programs!!! You should have been ready!! 

Wolfgang Jarcik

Nicht nur dass die seit langem bestehenden Probleme mit Luminar3 noch immer nicht gelöst wurden, kommt jetzt das Problem mit dem schon lange angekündigten Catalina-System dazu. Eigentlich unglaublich dass wir jetzt wieder mal vertröstet werden, dieses Mal sogar auf „later this year“ - wofür haben wir da eigentlich unser Geld zum Fenster rausgeworfen, verwenden kann man das Programm ja nicht wirklich.

Michael Cohen

I think they owe us a real explanation!  

This is really foolish, not knowing about the incompatibly I upgraded and it is very difficult to downgrade Apple operating system software...now I just wait...

I was foolish but won't be so anxious to buy in the future!

CARCANADE Jean-Michel

@angela - Isn't there a lack of communication from Skylum? I am following Luminar's news and I learn, in the middle of a forum, that version 4 will be released in November. Why not say it clearly on the first page of the Skylum site (just "fall" reported)? Why doesn't Skylum communicate about the problems of Luminar Flex and Luminar 3 with Catalina? Thank you for your answer without any fuss.

Jorick Schram

So, the neglect of Luminar 3 users is obvious... Despite all previous promises you're probably only focused on releasing this shiny new toy of your team called Luminar 4. There has been plenty of time to get L3 ready for Catalina, as the first beta was released to developers on June 6th this year, which is more than 4 months ago. But no, Skylum has chosen to work on L4 instead. Clear case of Shiny Object Syndrome...

Really a missed opportunity to prove you still care about L3 and its customers. So sad.

Mr.E

Wait, is this serieus, I'm in the proces of updating tp Catalina right now, should I abort?

WTF...

Why didn't you send an email to all users to send out a warning?

You know how to find us for all sorts of promotional subjects, and this is someting you just 'Let go' ?

Olafur Sigurdarson

I second that, this is no laughing matter. I am also one of those who purchased L4 for future release. And I left my Adobe subscription plan in order to stick to Skylum Luminar. As my workflow has been completely shattered with this situation I need to rethink. I suspect I may not be the only one.

Helena Carter

Hi Everyone, 

Please, note that Luminar 3 will still be supported and we'll release an update to provide a Catalina compatibility.

As to Luminar 4 will support Catalina from the initial release.

As to Luminar 4 release date, we have recently announced November. Before that, we didn't come out with a exact month of release. So, late fall was a pretty honest reply.

Mr.E

I think you are missing my point. Let me try to be clearer: Why did you make the decision not to inform us that Luminar3 is not compatible with Mac Catalina? Now we all did end up with a complete useless Luminar3 until the next update comes out. God may know how long that will take, we don’t.

Helena Carter

Because we're technically not able to create a Catalina compatible version while the official Cataline version isn't released yet. Still, we didn't know what issues might come up.

Also, the next update will be released pretty soon - by the end of this year. 

Gal Steinberg

@helena I'm sorry, this is not correct, you could have tested the developer betas, identified was won't work and fix it prior to the official release, Apple also releases the GTM to developers prior to the official release. 

This is exactly the reason why other software is working for me while Luminar isn't - other companies prepare for OS updates and are ready for it, and if a patch is needed they take days, not weeks or months. 

Wolfgang Jarcik

@helena, du schreibst : „Also, the next update will be released pretty soon - by the end of this year.„ aber bitte was ist da „pretty soon“???? Wir haben Mitte Oktober!! Wie sollen wir mehr als 2 Monate lang unsere Fotos deiner Meinung nach bearbeiten??? Wahrscheinlich wird uns bis dorthin immer wieder mit diversen mails und auch hier im Forum empfohlen Luminar 4 vorweg zu bestellen. Dann könnten wir eventuell schon Ende Herbst bzw. Ende November (oder vielleicht auch etwas später oder irgendwann) neue Tools verwenden. 
    Zum Glück brauchen nicht alle Softwarehersteller so lange um auf neue Betriebssysteme zu reagieren und schon gar nicht Monate lang um bereits bekannte und von Usern gemeldete Fehler zu beheben. 

Anastasia Davis

Hi Wolfhang! Indeed, Catalina OS is not supported yet. Nevertheless, the issues described above are rare and can be solved by ensuring Luminar has all permissions and access to the folders. This way, you can still work in Luminar.
    Still, each case is unique and we have to look into each one individually.

Andrew Mercer

@Anastasia Davis. "The issues described above are rare ..." ???
    It sounds like every Catalina user is impacted to me.

And (echoing everyone else) Developer releases, including near-final releases specifically for testing, have been out since June. What on earth has Skylum been doing all this time? Not very much apparently.  :(

Anastasia Davis

@Andrew I agree with you that Catalina OS support should be released as soon as possible. 

As for the issues described above, all of them might have a different origin. That is why it would have been more productive to investigate each particular case with our support team: https://skylum.com/support 

Tony Collins

Given that it is pretty unforgivable not to fix issues for a new OS before the OS goes public - why didn't you inform  your customers of the probelem earlier - so they could postpone the OS update and not have a problem?

Anastasia Davis

@Tony These issues did not appear on Catalina OS before it's an official release. Thus, we couldn't inform our customers in advance.

Jorick Schram

@Anastesia: are you sure? A quick search on this very forum got me some results like:

- https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360047879771-Luminar-3-1-2-and-Mac-OS-Catalina

- https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360048181951-Catalina-and-Luminar-

- https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360048093211-Edited-photos-are-not-saved-

and the list goes on. 

Stop playing your customers for a fool! If you're serious about your company and your product, you should be serious about your customers as well. We've already had to put up with too much ever since Luminar 3 was released... own your problems and stop making it worse.

Jerry Wilson

I'm having the same problem.  This isn't just an inconvenience, the software is broken and Skylum should have known better.  This could be fixed easily and a special release provided to repair this.  I'm disappointed that Skylum would make its users wait for a maintenance release.

I'm a new user and will look for a new solution to store and edit my photos before committing any further to Skylum products.

By the way, for those with the problem.  Although the photos are not showing up in your folder structure they are present under the date structure.  But beware, multiple attempts to make them appear in the folder structure created multiple thumbnails in the catalog and these thumbnails cannot be deleted.  It's a mess.

Johannes Schröder

Now with update 3.1.4 still the same issue.

What is interesting if you look at recent added, you can see all photos added, also the new one!

Sorry but I'm really now frustated with Luminar because all the time you developing 6-12 later against the plan and the error correction is poor.

So the new update Don't support Mac OS Catalina! Please explain.

Jerry Wilson

Johannes - Update 3.1.4 did fix the Catalina issue for me.

I also reverted to a previous backup of my Luminar catalog from before I installed Catalina, then reloaded any images I had tried to import.  That fixed the problem.

Jerry

Kate Williams

@Johannes, the 3.1.4 update has fixed the issue with Luminar as Apple Photos Extension. However, the issue you've described will be sorted out in the following update. 

For now, I recommend you to create a new Catalog via File > Catalog > New and reupload the photos. It should work just fine. 

The previous catalog should be back to normal after the update containing the fix. 

Alan Edward

Hello there

Just updated to luminar 4 and the catalogue issue still exists with Catalina. Can this be fixed without creating a new catalogue please?

Please sign in to leave a comment.