Importing Photos

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mike,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had issues with the import process. Please reach out to our tech team at www.skylum.com/support and we'll see if we can help you locate the missing photos.

In the future, you can find import instructions here: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-8-importing-images-macos - you probably followed all of the steps, but just in case it might be helpful. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Justin Reed

Man that is a bummer I also have lost around 30 photos I contacted Skylum support to try and find the missing photos but I agree. I love the program and use it exclusively to edit photos. I want this program to succeed but If it keeps deleting photos then its definitely not something I want to use

Angela Andrieux

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reaching out to our support team about this. We'll get it sorted out!

Jens Peters

I just experienced the 'Import' function of Luminar 3.1.4 changed my jpeg pictures to '0' byte requiring me

to recover these jpeg from my backup. Lucky I had backed up before ....

This is is serious issue !! Is this acknowledged yet  ?

Thanks

Angela Andrieux

HI Jens,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so our techs can investigate the issue. Thanks in advance!

Steven Rhodes

I'm having the same problem, more or less.  If I load photos onto my Mac through finder (into a Luminar library folder), they're not visible in Luminar 3 (3.1.4) or Luminar 4.  As in, The folder shows up in Luminar but is greyed out and shows a count of "0" photos.  The same happens when I ty to import directly through Luminar.  Photos show in the finder even though they don't show in either Luminar.

This problem is a recent occurrence after I upgraded to Mac OS 10.15.  Not sure if it's a coincidence or is actually correlated, but this issue makes Luminar unusable for me.  This is in addition to many other performance issues, glitches, slow processing, and generally poor usability.  Will these things ever be fixed?

Alan Marks

I have pretty much abandoned using Luminar, which is a shame because I really like the program.  I can NOT get photos to load consistently in the DAM. I've had this problem since the DAM was introduced in v3, and it persists through the newest version, 4.1. Yep, I purchased 4.0 thinking the DAM problem would be solved and have never been able to use it.

The problem existed on my older MacBook Pro, and Luminar acts the same on my newly purchased high-end MacBook Pro 16.

My photo folder is 31GB and 760 items, which I think is pretty small.

When I try to load my folder I just see 0% forever. I've left it overnight with no progress.

I've had back and forth with support literally for months to little avail.

Not hoping for a miracle solution, but I thought I should add my voice to the choir.

Anna V

Hi Alan, 

As far as I can see from the conversation with support, the reason for the problem in your case was that some of the files are not photos in the folders you're trying to add. 

Please review the contents of the folders and make sure that they contain only the supported file types: https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/supported-file-types 

If we can further clarify please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support  and we'll be happy to help.

Post is closed for comments.