Isn't possible to save picture with macOS Catalina

Comments

19 comments

Thomas Bell

I am having the same problem... with both Luminar 3 and Aurora 2019. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Bart-Katrien De Craene-De Loof

same problem with Photolemur

Robert Hekel

Same problem when using plug-in for Luminar Flex and Luminar 3 in Catalina Photo App..

Helga Rowles

We are aware of the issues with Apple Photos Extension on MacOS Catalina. Our tech team is going to fix these issues in the next update, which will be released later this year.

CARCANADE Jean-Michel

"... which will be released later this year." ???? Excuse me? Am I a good reader? It will no longer be missing that Luminar 4 is not compatible when it is released in about ten years! ;)

Ben Bloks

Same problem here. How is this possible. Catalina is already announced for so long with beta's available. 7 out 0f 10 extensions work great, no problem. Even "old" extension that were already there with Sierra. 

I just quit using anything of Skylum. I' am done with it. It never works completely right in combination with Apple Photo's. Really sorry for this as the concept and potential of this app is great.

Sandro Süchting

"which will be released later this year"

Flex is a Photos Extension, so if it doesn't work as extension, it is useless ... so an update should be scheduled asap ..

Colin Grant

So true Ben. Just got my refund for advance purchase of L4. I've had enough of this shower.

Ben Bloks

@Colin,

Well, how brave you were to do the advanced purchase (I didn't dare , given the hassle with Luminar 3 and Photos).  Correctly done by Skylum, to give you the refund anyway. 

Hela's Luminar could have been great. Fortunately I've found some great alternatives for te Skylum software (and still working with Catalina).

Al the best to you Colin, we've met a couple of times on this forum -;)

Colin Grant

It was such a cheap offer it was worth the punt but seeing the way they are treating owners of L3 (legacy software?) I do not really care how good L4 is - I just do not want to do business with this very doubtful organisation (I use the word organisation loosely).

Been playing with the beta (now at 2) of ON1 Raw 2020 and they appear to have addressed the over sharpening I was seeing in my Fuji X Trans. It is working just fine with Catalina and what incompatibility there is has been listed by ON1 together with workarounds. The DAM actually works as well :-)

Good luck :-)

Ben Bloks

And it works great with Photo’s as well. i already own on1 2019 and pre-ordered 2020.
    There are some other app’s that perform correctly with Photo’s with very sophisticated RAW editing. Don’t think its appropriated to elaborate in this forum about that. If you are interested let me know.

Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,

Please, note that Luminar 3/FlexCatalina Support will be added by the end of a year.

As to Luminar 4, it will support Catalina OS in the initial release.

CARCANADE Jean-Michel

Hello, we understand that luminar3/flex will be updated by the end of the year. However, we would like to hear that Luminar3/Flex will be updated by the end of the week! I had heard at one time that Skylum wanted to compete with Adobe....

CARCANADE Jean-Michel

Well, while searching, I found this in this forum:

"•    In case you use the app as a Photos extension, you will not be able to save edits back to Photos.  However, there is a workaround:

Launch Photos, right-click on the image select Edit with > Luminar/ Aurora HDR, after you have made all the necessary edits, please click File > Open in Photos.

At last a beginning of a solution from Alina!

Colin Grant

That is not the beginning of a solution. It is a function that has been there for ages and I gave that as a workaround some days ago. It breaks the Photos links to the images involved though and gives you duplicates in your library. When you do this it is no longer acting as a Photos extension/plugin - it is just an external editor.

CARCANADE Jean-Michel

Yes... and be careful though, this solution modifies the JPG (for example) and creates a TIFF in photos... watch the size of the file!

Sandro Süchting

Please, note that Luminar 3/FlexCatalina Support will be added by the end of a year.

Flex is a Extension for Photo and the extension doesn't work - so it is broken completely and it is useless...

And Skylum won't fix it to increase the sold software licenses for version 4

Helena Carter

Please, launch Photos, right-click on the image select Edit with > Luminar Flex, after you have made all the necessary edits, please click File > Open in Photos.

Ben Bloks

Sorry Helena, 

Apparently you (I mean with this Skylum) don’t have a clou of your customer-base, their needs, and your promises.

Opening a moderate jpeg or in the best case a .tiff in stead of a RAW ( because that is what is happening ) isn’t what we are looking for or bought Luminar 3/flex in the first place.

Well it saddens me this is my last post. I will end my participation in this forum, and trash my Luminar app’s. I have supported you (Macphun/skylum) since the first snapheal app., but I am done with the company not living up to their promises.

Wish you and all Luminar users all the best.

Please sign in to leave a comment.