Why does L3 have to use so much CPU?

Comments

3 comments

Helena Carter

Hi,

Our developers are aware of memory leaks and are constantly working on improving Luminar performance.

Also, please, try to increase the size of pagefile: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows-10,36929.html

Comment actions Permalink
    Glenn Gambel

This workaround is ridiculous.  I bought Luminar 2018 and liked it, then Luminar 3 and fought the wars over it being slow to load, crashes, etc. and now Luminar 4 apparently hogs the CPU.  Really?  The answer given is a workaround for someone who really likes playing with their system and windows 10?  I think Luminar 4 should work with our systems in windows 10 without the work around.  I don't have the desire or the skills to mess with this workaround.  The developers should have solved this before release.  Perhaps it is solved since it has been 17 days since this was posted.  I hope so!!!!

Vita Bergman

Hi! 

We're improving Luminar 3 performance with each update.

Nevertheless, it might also depend on several factors such as your hardware configuration, Library size and images format (it can take a bit more time to load RAW/TIFF/DNG files and generate the previews).

Please note that Luminar 4 is expected to be released on November 18.

As you have purchased Luminar 4 on 9.2.2019, you may try using the application once it's released and decide if it meets your needs or request a refund within 60 days from the date of release.

Please sign in to leave a comment.