Show Metadata (Ratings, Colorflags) form XMP-Files or DNG in Library

Comments

4 comments

Kirk Osborn

For now, Luminar doesn't support .xmp sidecar files, but we'll pass on this feature request to our tech team for further consideration.

Comment actions Permalink
    M JP

I don't know where ratings etc. are stored, but when I use Lightroom, other apps get the same meta-data and vice versa (e.g. Synology Photo manager etc.).

It would make a lot of sense, if Luminar could read exiting ratings from other apps. (I dont believe they need an extra xmp file. It's just stored within the jpg).

I wont start from sctrach to rate +40.000 pictures. If I cant use the existing meta-data, I wont transition to Luminar.

Cristian Ferronato

I'm sorry but if Luminar not support .XMP files, it's unitilizable for migration from another software... (es. Lightroom, CaptureOne ecc...). This is a big problem for users with thousands of photos !!!   ;-)

Anony Mouse

Adobe Bridge 2020 places the ratings, labels, and keywords *in* the jpeg file's metadata, it isn't in a sidecar file. 

These are from the IPTC standard, everyone uses them :

Xmp.xmp.Rating
    Xmp.xmp.Label

IPTC rating:

https://iptc.org/std/photometadata/specification/IPTC-PhotoMetadata#image-rating

Please sign in to leave a comment.