Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

16 comments

roro maul

I decided to move on from Luminar. Another software with big promises that turns into a pain. No upgrade anymore, they have all been a pain. Bye Luminar !

Comment actions Permalink
    jean Vidal

Meme chose, marre des promesses non tenues avec ON1 j'ai trouvé mon bonheur

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Frank Joke

Youtube is full of reviews of 'non public Beta' version and I do not understand why someone should now preorder and not get the beta!

Anyhow, I own V3 and most probably will not upgrade because the price they are asking is the same as V3 was for me!

This means that you have to pay yearly a certain value to get latest support of cameras/lenses/features, this is then not different to the LightRooms model....

I expect that new version upgrades cost <=50% than new price, otherwise I and maybe others will stop to follow just for some other nice to have features.

In my case I may stop using it at all because of slow support of my camera and lenses (Nikon Z7) for automatic corrections.

Steve P

Don't waste your time contacting them. First reply just repeats their unwillingness to let those of us who have paid good money for V4 to trial it and help them(!!) with feedback. If you then reply again you get a reply that you will be added to a list of possible testers! Obviously they only care about feedback from people like Jim Nix. As I've paid the money already and want to try out some of the features I will wait for V4 but given Skylum attitude I shall almost certainly not upgrade to v5... My experience with ON1 Photo Raw is much better. They advertised their 2020 version later than Skylum but as soon as I paid the preorder price I could download the Beta version and have not downloaded Beta 2. ON1 2020 is also due to be out in Oct so its also going to be out before V4. Skylum need to wake up and think about their customers!

Helena Carter

Hi Frank, Steve,

Please, note that we're not able to provide you with a non-public beta version. We have indeed added you to the list, but for now, we don't need beta testers anymore I'm afraid. However, thank you so much for your willingness to help us improve our software.

Steve P

Like I said, your competitor ON1 Photo Raw does do this and frankly it's better customer service! I hope your other customers not this too... And remember it for the future. I won't be paying early for a new version next year or any future year.

Frank Joke

Helena, the question was only why I should preorder then?

The price for an existing L3 user is €59 for the pre-order because you add for 'free' 'Inspired Looks' which I do not need and do not want and you say that 59 is a good discount from 138 of L4 + Inspired looks.

If you would ask for €45 on preorder (without beta access and without Inspired looks) and final upgrade cost after preorders would be 49 then some of us may have preordered the upgrade.

But this way where I paid 69 (with discount) for L3 and should now pay 59 for preorder upgrade? No chance.

Anastasia Davis

@Frank Please note that this is the lowest price it can be. It will get only higher soon.
    Inspiration Looks are the part of the bundle, which has a more attractive price than Luminar 4 on its own.  The full price for Luminar Luminar 4 is 89. 

Sam C

They don't offer a pre-release because it doesn't work and is worse than Luminar 3, if that was at all possible.

Everything that mattered and was wrong with Luminar 3 has been completely ignored, it was (and still is) riddled with issues, I spent months trying to get them resolved.

The new shiny software is no more than some UI fixes - underneath it's the same old story - buggy, unstable and just as slow.

Don't waste your money upgrading.

My experience with On1 (I have many versions, including the 2020) is not as good as with Skylum.  At least you have Skylum people here answering back some questions.  With On1, you are on your own.

Unfortunately, none of these software (Luminar 3 and 4, Aurora 2019, and On1 of many versions that I own) will do everything that I wanted to do.  But so far, I have had better luck with Skylum.

Edward McDonnell

Stopped working. Reinstalled still wont work. Don't waste your time or money.

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Edward McDonnell

I am having same trouble some have had with Luminar 3. Import a photo and all you end up with is a black rectangle. Used it OK for month or so and then this happens.

M Marcel

Hallo,

Das Programm geht aber wenn ich ein Bild einfüge, es mit den regler versuche zu ändern, ändert sich am Bild absolut gar nix nur wenn ich auf das bild draufklicke geht es.

Vielleicht kann mir jemand helfen ?

Viele Grüße

Langer M

Angela Andrieux

Hi M Marcel,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support or support@skylum.com so we can take a closer look at your particular case.

Please sign in to leave a comment.