Open in Luminar

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jim,

What versions of Aurora HDR and Luminar are you running?

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Stuntz

I'm having the same issue. I've edited a photo in Aurora 2019 and now trying to "open in" Luminar 2018 from the File Menu.

I get the error 

The file "C0FV1310_Edit_edit.tiff" could not be opened.

It may be damaged or use a file format that Luminar 2018 doesn’t recognize.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using the Open In function. Does this happen with all images or only a specific one?

Please also try using Plugins > Luminar and let me know if that function works for you.

Michael Stuntz

I've only tried it a few times and it has never worked. 

I tried the Plugins > Luminar and it took me to the web to purchase Luminar 2018 https://skylum.com/luminar?product=aurora_2019_main_mac_mainmenu_plugins.

I've also tried to save from Aurora 2019 as a TIFF file and then just open it in Luminar 2018 and get the same basic error

The file "C0FV1310_edit.tiff" could not be opened.

It may be damaged or use a file format that Luminar 2018 doesn’t recognize.

I can open a saved JPEG but not a TIFF

If I try to god from Luminar 2018 to Aurora 2019 using the "open in" function I also get taken to the purchase page for Aurora https://skylum.com/aurorahdr?product=luminar_2018_main_mac_mainmenu_plugins_aurorahdr 

Very messed up.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

With regard to going from Luminar 2018 to Aurora HDR - currently Luminar 2018 is looking for Aurora HDR 2018 (which you may not have purchased or installed) which is why that option isn't working. This will be fixed in an upcoming update.

However, Aurora HDR 2019 should be taking you to Luminar 2018 without issue. We'll need to investigate this further. Please send the following to support@skylum.com

Click on Apple Logo in the top left corner of your screen, select About This Mac > make a screenshot (Command+Shift+3) and send it to us.

Also, we would highly appreciate if you can send us one of the files that you're having trouble with so that we can test it on our side. You can upload the file to www.WeTransfer.com & send us a shared download link.

Thanks in advance. We look forward to hearing from you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.