JPG and RAW thumbnail stacking in Catalog

Comments

6 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your suggestion! I will be sure to pass it to our developers.

Comment actions Permalink
    Sherwood Botsford

To whoever gave it a down vote:  

It helps the process if you explain why you downvoted.

Stacking is one form of grouping things together.  I often will use a stack in Aperture as a way to collect a bunch of similar images or versions together.

E.g.  If an image has a bunch of derived images, then a stack holds them all, and decreases the number of thumbnails I have to go browse through.

Sameer Saksena

I am hoping for this stacking feature too and missing it since I left Aperture for MacOS Photos.

People can have several similar shots taken at a time and want to compare side by side and then choose the best for editing. No photo is deleted but they are organized in a stack to reduce clutter in the library. This is very useful from organization perspective. Please consider adding this in your roadmap.

Grant Matthews

*bump*

We really need this feature..  I've been shooting RAW + JPG for years...the Luminar 3 DAM is now a little more tricky to manage than I was used to in Lightroom..  Really need this feature soon.

Alina Skylum

Hi Grant,

This functionality will be coming in one of our future updates. Keep an eye on what we have planned here: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

David Brown

I came here to make this suggestion and found this. I want to emphasize that, while useful for combining a jpg and raw, it should be flexible enough to allow stacks of any arbitrary photos. The example above of stacking multiple similar photos is a good use case exhibiting the need for that. Another is to stack HDR bracketed "source" images with the final image. I would also want to be able to select the key photo (in this case the combined HDR final image).

Please sign in to leave a comment.