Image is changed automatically

Comments

5 comments

Kate Williams

Hi,

The thing is that Luminar 3 uses a pure RAW converter. It shows more information than any other photo processors.

What you've described looks like normal behavior for all RAW files.
    RAWs contain what's called an embedded JPEG - it's a JPEG with automatic adjustments applied by the camera. Your camera uses it to display a preview, and image viewing software might also show the embedded JPEG. Embedded JPEG is not how your camera shot the photo, it's a beautified version of it. When you open an image in Luminar, you might see a JPEG preview for a bit, while original RAW is being loaded. However, once the image is fully rendered, you'll see the photo as it was taken by your camera. 

After this, you'll be able to tweak the photo to the best of your ability using a wide range of filters Luminar provides. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Reino Shz

Kate is right. 

Just remember that Luminar 3 on windows cannot use monitor icc profiles properly.

So always save your pictures with the sRGB profile and don't use any monitor specific icc profiles. 

Otherwise the colors won't match after saving your file and you look at it with a different program.

As stated here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360043531972-Exports-both-standalone-and-PS-plugin-look-different-to-what-Luminar-was-showing

Steffen Frank Geyer

Thank you for the answers.
    My pictures are already saved with the sRGB profile.
    This with the preview makes sense.

Steffen Frank Geyer

Still the same Issue with Luminar 4.
    Luminar with, only a single picture in my cataloge, consumes up to 35 GB RAM of my 64 GB.
    I cant use Luminar on my Laptop, my Laptop has only 8 GB memory.

I hope you can fix this issue.

Hey, I've had the same issue and after some googing I found this post. I think Kate's answer is close to what is actually happening except that there is no such thing as "...while original RAW is being loaded. However, once the image is fully rendered, you'll see the photo as it was taken by your camera...", because RAW is barely an array of numbers, the meaning of which depends upon the interpreter. Usually there is a setting to select the color profile in the software, i.e. let the software to interpret the raw [10/12/14-bit] numbers for the colors mapping them to a particular color space and doing the "conversion". Luminar's standard profile looks very similar to Lightroom's "Adobe Standard" profile. There is unfortunately no possibility to select something like "Luminar Neutral" to get more neutral colors, but I think there is a workaround: the one can load a custom profile from the "Essentials - Light - Profile". Hope this could be helpful for someone.

Please sign in to leave a comment.