Luminar 4 Beta for customers who have pre-ordered

Comments

48 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Peter,

I appreciate your interest in our software and the desire to share your feedback. 

At this time, there's no open beta testing for Luminar 4. However, please, drop us a message at https://skylum.com/support  - we'll forward your contacts to our Beta Testing team, and they'll reach out to you once there's a beta testing opportunity. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Pierre Alarie

Same here as Peter Smith.

I have pre-ordered Luminar 4 too and I'd like the Beta now please.

I will drop a message to the link given by Kate Williams.

I am a fan of Topaz Products since 8 years and i will appreciate a lot to participate at the Beta of Luminar 4.

Thank you !

Kate Williams

Thanks, Pierre! 
    We'll be looking forward to your email - one of our team members will let you know once you're added to the list. 

michael durkin

I too sometimes have a dream of being what is in essence, a request to become a favoured 'Beta Tester' for the 'NEW! IMPROVED! (with added 'AI' frustration 'built in'. Luminar4

I really don't think you should worry. The simple fact that like me, you've ordered Luminar4 means that, just as with Luminar3, why! You're automatically enrolled as a  beta tester - whether you like it or not..

Peter Reichert

I'm also preordered Luminar 4 long time ago at the first moment as Luminar 4 was promoted/announced.
    How could I get a Beta Version?

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! As we mentioned, there is no open beta now. Nevertheless, we can notify you if there is one. Just reach us here:

https://skylum.com/support 

juanchis 3D

hola consulta hay algún link donde se pueda descargar ??

Angela Andrieux

Hi Juanchis 3D - There is no open beta for Luminar 4 at this time, but we can notify you if we open it to the public. Please message us at www.skylum.com/support so we can add you to the interest list.

calvin oliphant

I have pre-ordered Luminar 4  ($99) incl. Luminar 3 now and also and I'd like the Beta now, please.

Please add me as a beta tester and send me a download link so that I can start to practice.

Thank you.  

Angela Andrieux

Hi - We are not currently running an open beta, but if you'd like you can contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll add you to the beta testing interest list and will notify you if we open it up to a wider audience.

Watthanasak Jeamwatthanachai

Hi, can I also have a beta test as well. Already bought the Luminar 4.

Anna V

Hi Watthanasak Jeamwatthanachai Jeamwatthanachai,

For now, there is no beta but you can contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll add you to the beta testing list and will reach you once we have an open beta. 

Steve P

If you preorder ON1 Photo Raw 2020 THEY let you have the Beat veersion!!!!

Jack Zigon

I've pre-ordered Luminar 4 and would also like to be added to the beta list. I've sent you a message to skylum.com/support. I'm a professional architectural photographer and replace skies on 80% of my commercial shots, using a library of 300 skies I've already collected. I'm most interested in how it handles reflection of the sky in water or in windows of a building.

Kate Williams

Hi Jack,

Thank you. One of our team members will let you know once we add you to the list of potential beta testers. 

Rajan Dutta

I've pre-ordered Luminar 4 and had also requested to be put on the beta testing list but haven't received a reply as yet. As someone who's already paid for the version and that too before release should have a fair chance at the beta as opposed to only your affiliates (some with just 27 subs on YouTube and potentially no chance of bringing business to you guys). I conduct landscape and astro workshops and while I don't own a website I do have some SM presence and all my workshops are always sold out. The workshops always consist of pre and post where I do a round up of work by participants' images in various PP software. If only we are actually given the chnace to actually check it out and recommend I'm sure there's more business for you.

Anna V

Hi Rajan, 

We have added you to the list. 

In case we have an open beta we will definitely contact you. 

Glenn Gambel

As of 8 days ago, you are saying there has been no Beta Testing in the real world?  Perhaps that is why there are so many issues when a new product is released?  Had Beta Testing been done long ago, then many issues could have been fixed.  Is there something wrong with my thought on this.  Beta Testing by developers and engineers is not good enough.  They miss things that normal users have a way of discovering, just ask anyone in the gaming industry.  Good grief!

Steve P

Interestingly I preordered ON1 Photo RAW 2020 after Luminar 4, was immediately sent a download link to Beta testing version to use! Then few weeks later got another Beta version and then new product has gone live about month in front of Luminar 4! Looks like some companies treat their oreorder customers better and reap the benefits by quicker release and many bugs identified and resolved. All you get from Skylum is a message here implying if you contact them you may get a beta test version but when you do email they put you on a list. In other words they are not interested in you and their customers preferring to let people like Jim Nix test and promote it online. I detect an arrogance towards us normal customers. I won't forget this when they come promoting future versions. Come on Skylum, you should see from all the comments on here that you are really annoying your customer base!!

Vita Bergman

Hi Glenn! We are developing Luminar 4 from scratch.
    Usually we test the software with our technical department and do beta testing in order to provide our customers with the best experience.
    We just meant that NOW we don't have open beta testings.

I've pre-ordered Luminar 4 and would also like to be added to the beta list.

Thank you.

Anna V

Hi Bogdan,

We have added you to the list of potential beta testers.

We will contact you in case we have an open beta. 

Jeff Fleisher

I've pre-ordered Luinar 4 as well.  Please add me to the beta list.  Thanks.

Tio Jung

I preordered with the mind to wait and this waiting time is so long.

I cannot wait to try and I was hoping to be included on the beta testing list as well.

Thank you

Elena Blum

Hi @Jeff , Hi @Tio,

We appreciate your interest and we will reach out to you once there's an open beta testing opportunity. 

Best regards!

Antonio Frasnedo

After all the problems that Luminar 3 has given me, let's face it, it wasn't over. I don't buy Luminar 4 if they don't let me try it before. Because the return of money is a lie, request it.

Elena Blum

Hi Antonio, 

A trial will be available after release on November 18. If you've got any issues with a refund please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support

Charlie Hoffman

I too have ordered Luminar 4 over a month ago and was already charged for it. Could you please add my name to receive the early release bata edition. Thank you

Angela Andrieux

Hi Charlie,

Please contact us at support@skylum.com. Right now we do not have an open/public beta, but we'll be happy to notify you if we open up the beta testing to a larger audience.

For now, the release date is November 18, but if you were one of the first 20,000 people to purchase you'll get the software a week early.

Charlie Hoffman

I believe that I did in fact purchase early....please confirm that was one of the 2k early purchasers 

Please sign in to leave a comment.