Installing Luminar 4 without the DAM

Comments

7 comments

Helga Rowles

Hi Patricia,

I'm afraid you won't be able to install Luminar 4 without the DAM.
    If you don't need the DAM while working in a standalone, you can work with an empty catalog and open images for Quick Edit.
    And of course, you can use Luminar 4 as a plugin where the library module is disabled. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Philip Allen

I have pre-ordered Luminar 4, but I am in the same position as Patricia in that I prefer to use the Program without the DAM but as a plug-in. Could you please provide more detailed instructions as to working with an empty catalog and how to disable the Library module. 

Patricia Penton

Thank you for that information, Helga.  But could you detail the instructions for disabling the Library Module when we install the upgrade to 4 so we might make the most successful transition possible?  I REALLY want this to work.  With it disabled, will we be able to bring in a photo from LR or PS and have it be as seamless as it is with Flex?  (I'm making the assumption that you work for Skylum???)  Thanks!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Philip & Patricia,

We'll provide a detailed user guide with instructions when we launch the software.

As for working with Luminar 4 as a plugin with Lightroom or Photoshop, you'll be able to work in the same manner as you currently do with Luminar Flex. The handoff will be seamless as it is now.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Patricia!

In this case, you can just remove all the folders from your catalog. Right-click on the folder > remove from catalog.

Or else, you can create a new catalog and leave it without any folders. On the example of Luminar 3: in the top bar menu choose File > Catalog > New

Patricia Penton

Sounds hopeful!  Thanks, everyone, for the help!

Richard Harrington

Let me give a quick answer for Luminar 3

https://youtu.be/lDvrQHWJeA4

This is a rough draft, the education team will do a better version soon.  Forgive bad audio (recorded in a lobby while traveling)

Luminar 4 renames these options and makes it easier to work with single images.  But its quite possible in L3 already.

Please sign in to leave a comment.