Luminar crashes current NVidia graphics card driver

Comments

11 comments

Konstantin Zolo

Hi,

Developers are still investigating the issue. We'll do our best to find a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks for bearing with us!

Comment actions Permalink
    Fernando Ariznavarreta

What you describe sounds more like a bug in the driver side than a bug in skylum.

It sounds as a crash at the kernel mode of the driver, were the system cannot be protected against a crash at the app level.

May be it is due to luminar doing something wrong and passing incorrect parameters to the opengl driver, but the driver should be protected against incorrect parameter passing and do not crash at the kernel level.

The app itself has few things to do against a crash at the kernel level, such exceptions cannot be catched by the app.

Julia Kot Kot

Please send us more information about your GPU.

Could you please download the application from this link

Install the app, launch it and send us the screenshot with the information about your graphics renderer in the following format: 

Thanks in advance!

K.G. Wuensch

I tried but the image get's rejected in my attempts to attach it although it is clearly under the limit of 2Mb. It reports Version 3.3 (partial support up to version 4.4). Latest driver by NVidia according to their own version check!

Konstantin Zolo

Thank you for your response!

I have passed this info to our QA team for a further investigation.  We are working around the clock to get it fixed.

Sushant Jadhav

Hi,

I am also getting same below error post update the Luminar.

I have updated display driver to latest one but no Luck..

Denis Kotsee

Hi Sushant,

Does this happen every time you run Luminar, or is there a pattern (for example, you're using a specific tool or a filter)?

We're currently investigating the issue with OpenGL 3.3 on systems that support it but where Luminar still doesn't run for some reason, and the issue you and other people in this thread have encountered might be connected to it. Here's how you can help us speed up the investigation:

1. Download the configuration file from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2f527860axgqt3/settings.json?dl=0
    2. Press Windows logo key + R.
    3. Paste the following string into the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard: %appdata%/Luminar 2018/mipl/
    4. Copy the file settings.json that you've downloaded in Step 1 into the folder that you've opened in Step 3.
    5. Launch Luminar 2018 and click Open Sample Image.
    6. Go back to the folder you opened in Step 3.
    7. There you will find a file named log_mipl.txt.

Please email us the txt file from step 7. Thank you in advance!

Neil Cardona

I have the same issue as Sushant. I have OpenGL3.3 NVIDIA Quadro FX880M with driver version 342.  When I first installed Luminar 2018 Ver 1.2 it worked ok.  When I restart the pc and open Luminar and then try to open a RAW file it crashes.  I uninstall it and reinstall Luminar ver 1.1.1 then upgrade it to ver 1.2.  It works ok again.  It only crashes when I shut down or restart my pc.  Does this info help you to fix it?

Denis Kotsee

I'm not sure there's an issue with Luminar here - if you're able to work in the version 1.2.0 normally until the reboot, this isn't an indication that the app itself isn't working correctly.

K.G. Wuensch

@Neil, you could do your uninstall and then reinstall V1.2 and then use a tool like WhyReboot http://exodusdev.com/products/whyreboot to list the files pending to be put in their correct places. I'm willing to bet that until the reboot you are using some older component of Luminar and during the reboot the system performs those remaining file operations putting the faulty DLL's into place.

Neil Cardona

What I did to make it work it was to choose NONE for the CUDA-GPU option in the NVIDIA control panel.

Please sign in to leave a comment.