RAW support for Sony A7III

Comments

6 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Miel,

Raw support for the Sony A7III will be added in the next update.

Comment actions Permalink
    Robert Barr

Given the popularity of the new A7III, when will the update supporting it be issued? This is going to affect many users. I am hoping to have mine in the next 2-3 weeks. It would be a real shame if it is not supported by Luminar. Thanks.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Robert,

I don't have a date for the next update yet, but keep an eye out in the forums as we'll definitely be posting info about it here when it is available.

Patrick Fezer

Hey Robert, 

I think the same way. It already needs to long. 

However, You can use the Adobe DNG Converter. If you open a DNG file in Luminar, it works like raw editing (even shows "raw editing"). 

I know it isn't the best solution to convert any photo, but I really hope I don't have to do so much longer. 

David Clarke

So Raw Sony a7lll isn’t available with any of the Luminar/ Skylum/ Raw programs yet? These responses are all 2 months old. Had to switch over to Capture One to read the Raw Sony files. At least your programs function as plugins via Capture One.

Angela Andrieux

Hi David,

Support for the Sonly A7III raw files will be coming in the next series of updates. Until then, please try Patrick's suggestion above to download the Adobe DNG Converter which will allow you to open the raw (DNG) files in Luminar/Aurora. It is a workaround, but will only be temporary until the updates. Thanks for your patience!

Please sign in to leave a comment.