Basic File Functions in Library

Comments

6 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Stephen! Do I understand it correctly that you want to rename a number of photos at a time?

As for backing up your catalog, you can do it this way:
    in the top bar menu choose File > Catalog > Backup

Best regards,

Comment actions Permalink
    Stephen Bishop

Hi Anastasia,

Yes, I'd like to rename a number of photos at a time.    It's part of my normal workflow in Lightroom - after importing from the camera and culling the non-keepers, I batch rename them with a sequential filename based on the date.   (ie, sep19_007, etc).   It's very convenient to do this within the library rather than rename them outside of the program and then have to re-import them.   Is this something planned in the future?

Regarding backing up the catalog, there is no File>Catalog>Backup selection in the menu.   Just File>Catalog>Open, etc, but no backup selection.

Geoffrey Hahn

The Windows version does not have the ability to backup the catalogs at this time.  You have to do this manually outside of Luminar.

Stephen Bishop

I understand it is still a product in active development, but I have to ask,  are these simple fixes and parity for Windows users going to be addressed soon?     The ability to add keywords would be a great thing, too.    IMHO, taking care of small details like this in addition to the unique editing capabilities of the program would bring over a LOT of Adobe users who are tired of their subscription pricing model.

Timothy Bartley

I fully agree with Stephen.  Lightroom features the ability to rename files (at import) and to tag photos with searchable keywords.  Does this feature exist in Luminar 3 for Mac?  If it does exist, I have not been able to find it.

For example, I would like to be able to find all my photos of condors, or petunias, or winter landscapes.

Perhaps one of your professional consultants could describe their photo import workflow.  How do they keep their photos organized and readily accessible?

Matthias Keindorff

Right, these are good suggestions. In parallel I request to have the ability to split, and move parts of the catalog. 

Workflow:

1. Mark the portions to be moved to a new catalog

2. Define the destination (File path and name) 

3. Start the action. 

Also a function to move pictures to another drive without loosing the connection to the library even when luminar is running (at least with Windows OS) would be a nice feature, getting thing organized the right way. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.