Is it Just me or is this application slow as molasses on windows?

Comments

10 comments

Chris Forsyth

Check your memory utilization. The most recently release has memory leak issues. I would try and do clone and stamp and it would take 10-15 minute just prep. really hope that get fixed soon.

Comment actions Permalink
    Miguel Grande Utrera

Good Morning. I share your opinion Henry. The application is slow for almost everything you adjust, it is also slow when you work with the catalog. My team is not as powerful as yours, Henry. Use Luminar 3 on an Asus i7 laptop with 16GB of RAM, Nvidia Geforce 960M graphics card with 4GB. I have configured the device to work only with Luminar, the device does nothing more and is still slow and uncomfortable to use. I have tried to change the driver of the graphics card to a current version and it does not improve, even to older versions but I also see no improvement. It's a shame because the software promises. Regards.

Buenos días. Comparto tu opinion Henry. La aplicación es lenta para casi todo lo que ajustas, tambien es lenta cuando trabajas con el catalogo. Mi equipo no es tan potente como el tuyo Henry. Uso Luminar 3 en un portatil Asus i7 con 16GB de RAM, Tarjeta gráfica Nvidia Geforce 960M con 4GB. He configurado el equipo para trabajo solamente con Luminar, el equipo no hace nada más y aún así es lento e incomodo de usar. He probado a cambiar el driver de la tarjeta gráfica a una version actual y no mejora, incluso a versiones más antigua pero tampoco observo mejoría. Es una pena porque el software promete. Saludos.

Miguel Grande Utrera

I work with an SSD in which I have the O.S. and applications. I save images and data on another 2TB SATA hard drive. There are applications that I also use for photo retouching and they work well. Regards

Trabajo con un SSD en el que tengo el O.S. y aplicaciones. Guardo las imagenes y datos en otro disco duro SATA de 2TB. Hay aplicaciones que uso tambien para retoque fotografico y funcionan bien. Saludos

Gerone McNeill

Agree with the above! Open task manager, resource monitor or the Mac equivalent after a reboot and only starting Luminar and see if your RAM goes crazy after a while, whether editing or just browsing. If not, then contact support for other options. But rule out the seemingly prevalent RAM issue first and maybe save yourself some time and frustration.

Saurabh Shetty

Helga, if I may ask, the "significant improvement" that you mentioned... is that for Luminar 3 or 4? Cause honestly, we all are just looking at faster alternatives right now!

Anastasia Davis

Hi Henry! Could you specify how many images are in your catalog? Are they located on your internal or external drive?

Maryna Skylum

Hi,

Please, contact us at support@skylum.com.

We'll investigate the issue!

Henry Plant

I'm exporting to an internal 1tb m.2 ssd. I have about 2,500 photos in my catalog. 

Helga Rowles

Hello to everyone!
    We're aware of several issues related to memory leaks and our team is doing their best to fix them. There should be a significant improvement in the situation.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Saurabh! We are working on both versions. There will be updates for Luminar 3 as well. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.