Comments

12 comments

Ran Elkobi

For windows.

Comment actions Permalink
    Konstantin Zolo

Hi Ran,

Thank you for joining in!

I will forward your suggestion to our development team for a further consideration.

Ran Elkobi

Thanks.

Fernando Ariznavarreta

Yes there are many options missing, export should at least mimic LR.

There are many more urgent flaws, though. But this should improve in the near future.

Julia Kot

Thanks, Fernando. Will pass it to our techs. 

Bill Holt

It would be nice if the Export option had some dropdown file location choices such as Save In Same Folder as Original Image, Save In SubFolder Of Original Image (with the ability to define that subfolder), Save in Default Export Folder (defined by the user in Options), Browse To Location. Remember my last choice as the selected choices when I chose to Export again.

I like to put a default suffix on my Exports of "_Luminar" so that I know the Export was edited in Luminar (leads me back to the lmnr file). Having a default Export Suffix would be nice.

Thanks,

Bill

Karl Byriel

I was going to post this separately but it is related.  I find it very annoying that Luminar for Windows changes the date and removes almost all the EXIF data when saving to JPG.  I would MUCH prefer that it mimic Lightroom and maintain the capture date and retain the EXIF data.  I really can't use Luminar as my main editor when this date change happens.

Julia Kot

Hi Karl,

Could you please specify what EXIF data you lose? Please note that JPG is a compressed file format. It contains metadata that describes the contents of its file, such as the color space, color profile, and image dimension information. Please check this info

Karl Byriel

Luminar above

Lightroom below

Karl Byriel

Note also how Luminar changes the date as well as not showing the camera brand or settings

Konstantin Zolo

Hi Karl,

This issue will be fixed in future updates, however, no ETA yet.

Carsten

I'd like to add to this post, many points were already mentioned. The options are far too limited (e.g. renaming with 'counter' options etc. are essential). Also select exif data in file names, export presets in which custom options can be saved (the 'save for web' could then e.g. just be a predefined preset with the option ticked to strip exif data).

Another point on my wish list: watermarks. I'd like to be able to add customized watermarks (an image, or just text with font/transparency options) to exported pictures. The more flexibility (placing, color etc.) the better, e.g. using AI to automatically invert colors depending on light or dark background. Thanks!

Please sign in to leave a comment.