Bridge-like Interface Needed

Comments

4 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dan,

We are in the process of developing our digital asset manager which will be released later this year as a free update for Luminar 2018 users. We hope it will meet your needs!

Comment actions Permalink
    Sherwood Botsford

Firstly:  Bridge itself is free.  Install it on as many computers as you wish.

Lightroom is also sort of free -- it's crippleware in that the developer section doesn't work after the free trial expires, but supposedly everything else does.

Finally if you are moving from computer to computer, where are you storing your images?

What you might be able to do is use XNviewMP and a portable hard drive.  The hard drive has 4 folders on it:
    XNViewMP Windows
    XNViewMP Mac
    XNViewMP Linux
    Pictures

The contents of the X* folders require experimenting.  For the Mac and Linux ones you should be able to run it from the disk.  Windows is always a crap shoot, and you may need an installer.

Charles Parker

I hope your asset manager does NOT require cataloging the photos. I prefer to manage my photos myself. A photo browser interface would be GREAT. If the browser had OPTIONAL cataloging for those who like to go that way, everyone would be happy.

Charlie

Angela Andrieux

Hi Charlie,

Luminar with DAM will likely accommodate many types of workflows, including those who want to self-manage their photos and just open Luminar for edits or those who want to continue using their current cataloging while using Luminar as a plugin.

Please sign in to leave a comment.