Latest Version: Luminar 1.2.0 (1886) code name “Jupiter”
Issues in Luminar 1.2.0 (1848) that are fixed in Luminar 1.2.0 (1886):
- .dll and parsing errors
- Issue with LUT files in .CSP and .3DL formats
**For those experiencing the OpenGL 3.3 error - we are working on a solution, but in the meantime, please install the previous version of Luminar 1.1.1 which will work with older OpenGL libraries at https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/luminar2018/_old_1.1.1_Luminar_2018_Setup.exe
What’s new in Luminar 2018 “Jupiter” for Windows?
- Optimization for older hardware. We’ve optimized Luminar 2018 to work with more Windows computers including those customers with less powerful central processing units. This version should bring enhanced performance and speed improvements to more users.
- Expanded LUT support. The LUT Mapping filter is even more useful now. With this update we have increased the stability of .CSP and .3DL files. It is a great way to load custom film looks and image styles. Be sure to download some extra ones from here: (https://skylum.com/luminar/marketplace/luts).
- Work faster. We’ve dramatically increased the speed of editing for our Windows users. We want you to be able to work faster on your favorite images.
- Improved Raw Engine. We’ve improved the de-mosaic process for even cleaner image conversion. Plus even more raw formats can be edited natively with our RAW Develop filter.
- Automatic Lens Corrections. Our RAW Develop and Develop filters analyze your image and its metadata to calculate an Automatic Lens Distortion fix that you can apply in one-click. Additionally it can detect color and detail issues and automatically fix Chromatic Aberration and Defringe an image to remove halos.
- Batch processing. Want to apply the same preset to a group of photos from the same shoot? The powerful Batch Processing workflow saves your time and effort.
- Easy transformations. You can easily transform the shape of an image with the Free Transform tool–scale and position an object as needed. Plus you can easily Flip an image and Rotate an image using menu commands.
- Preview mode. Want to check out your photo free from any distractions? Press the F key to invoke a Full Screen Preview. This is a great way to really study an image in detail.
- Localization support. It’s even easier to use Luminar in a different language. We’ve improved the localizations for greater accuracy and have also added the ability to change localization language in the application main menu.
- Better masking controls. Users can create masks more easily when painting masks. Just hold down the spacebar and drag with the cursor to pan and move around the image when masking with faster masking tools.
- Improved workflow with other applications. When using Luminar as a plugin with other applications, color profiles are properly included. This change also improves image exporting with attached profiles.
- Increased stability and ease of use. We’ve made numerous interface and user experience improvements based on your feedback for an improved editing experience. We’ve also made several improvements to application stability to improve performance on editing even the largest of images.
Please sign in to leave a comment.