Release Notes for Luminar 2018 1.2.0 (Windows)

Comments

13 comments

Phil Jones

Sounds like a really good update; cannot wait for the version that does not need OpenGL3.3!

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Phil,

We'll get that update out as soon as possible!

Peter Nowlan

Everything seems to be working well except that it take a minute or more to open a raw image. I'll be positive and say that it gives me time to think about what I want to do with the image.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Peter -

I like the positive spin :)

We are improving speed and performance with each update so we'll hopefully speed that up for you in the future.

The speed in opening a RAW can also be impacted by the size of the RAW, and the hardware configuration of your computer (i.e. RAM, using an SSD drive vs. traditional, accessing the image from an external drive, etc.).

Brian Gibson

I am running Luminar 1.2.0.1886

Nowhere that I can see, does the name "Jupiter" appear within the program.
    I think this is a little confusing and I'd prefer to have confirmation that I am in fact using the "Jupiter" version.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Brian,

The latest version is Luminar 1.2.0 (1886). We created the code name “Jupiter” for version 1.2.0.

Ann Marie Trotter

Hi There, 

I am having problems with the OpenGL3.3 and have tried on numerous occasions to reinstall the previous version as suggested, the file downloads and when I try to install it, it gets half way then says Installation Cancelled.  I had been emailing someone regarding the issues last week but had no reply to this error message.  Can you please advise?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ann Marie,

I'd suggest uninstalling first and clearing your registry using CCleaner. You can download it here: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

Then, try to reinstall the previous version:  https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/luminar2018/_old_1.1.1_Luminar_2018_Setup.exe

Let us know how it goes!

Ann Marie Trotter

Hi Angela

That has worked an I have been able to reinstall the previous version. 

Thank you

Ann Marie

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ann Marie,

Great! I'm glad you're back up and running. :)

Jub De

Installed 1.2.0.1886.
    1/ Opening a raw file now takes more time than the previous version. Where can we notice the speed performance?
    2/ the horizontal sliders are now bigger and easy to use with pen.. the vertical slider bar is still difficult to hit with pen. Can we also widen the vertical slider bar on the next update?

Mariia Divavina

Hi Jub!

Indeed, RAW files opening hasn't changed (which is partially caused by auto lens correction implementation). However, RAW images can be edited much faster both in Mac and Windows app versions. We will do our best to add fast image opening to the Windows version of Luminar 2018 as soon as we can.

I have forwarded your request regarding vertical slider bar to our devs. Thanks for your feedback!

K.G. Wuensch

If you write that RAW file opening is slow because of auto lens correction, does that mean that an automatic lens correction is performed even if I didn't instruct the program to do so?

Please sign in to leave a comment.