Make a mask from a selection

Comments

6 comments

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Rodrigo,

Please note that you can do it in Luminar 2018 by adding New Image Layer and using Free Transform tool. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Rodrigo Guerreiro

Hi Julia, 

Sorry for the delay. Well what I had in mind wasn't really that. I'm going with another example:

• Imagine a B&W photo which has a phone booth that I want to keep it red. I know I can do this with a mask using a brush, but it won't be perfect because the brush is round. I need something to respect the straight lines.

My previous example was meant to be understood as I had 2 exposures and I want the picture in TV from the 2nd exposure but everything else from the first exposure.

Konstantin Zolo

Hi Rodrigo, 

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

There's no way to do that in Luminar 2018 yet, however, I will forward your suggestion to our developers for a further consideration.

Peter Holka

What for? To make this software too complex? NO please, just keep it as it is + DAM. Easy to use RAW converter. Please use another software for such picture manipulation (Photoshop, Affinity photo).

Alfonso Casanova

I totally agree with Rodrigo, Luminar needs a "selection tool". I think it would add an extra value to this great editing software.

Please consider that on next update

Thanks!

Bob Shrader

I'm on board for this kind of tool -- a quick selection brush with intelligence similar to that found in better photo editing software. It is a PITA switching to Affinity Photo to perform a selection then going back to Luminar.

Please sign in to leave a comment.