Multiple ways to do things in the prospective browser.

Comments

3 comments

Sherwood Botsford

Show the control bar, hide the filmstrip (you can have both if you want) and you have reject, down/up a star, and 5 star, arrow keys to move to next/previous.  Great for first pass.  I prefer filmstrip view for this, as I like to see the other similar shots in the series.

Comment actions Permalink
    Sherwood Botsford

Keywording

For keywords I use a lot, I can have a set on the bottom.  AND I can have multiple sets.  Forward and back and rating to the right.  I've not found a limit to the number of sets I can have, but haven't pushed it much.

I can also bring up a Heads up Keyword display.  From here I can drag and drop.  If I have multiple pix selected in browser view dropping the keyword on any one of them does it for all.

I use the search a lot.  Search for the first four letters, then select it, then clear the search.  Mind you I have a few thousand keywords.

Sherwood Botsford

I'm not saying you should clone Apple's user interface -- although you could do worse.  The whole idea here is to have many ways to do things.

Everything in Aperture (well, most things) have a keyboard shortcut.  

Lot of things are available either as a panel, or as a floating heads up display.

You can start with lots of tools/control bars visible, then as you master the shortcuts, you hide stuff.

Please sign in to leave a comment.