Alpha Testing

Comments

3 comments

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Sherwood,

Thanks for such a good suggestion!

I'll definitely pass it to our marketing team.

Comment actions Permalink
    Sherwood Botsford

Here's another suggestion to go with this:  On the audio channel set it up so that any one of the watchers can call "Screen shot" you snap a shot, and later ask what he wanted to comment on.  Or people can do their own screen shots -- but these are harder to share.

Sherwood Botsford

Share some screenshots to your facebook group and this  Get people pumped up about the DAM, about the interface.  Once you have enough of the DAM to have a User Interface start user testing.

Start making your tutorials BEFORE the UI is done.  Sure you'll have to redo most of them again, but your test students will find the clunky bits.

I was beta tester for Ligththouse Design's "Wet Paint" -- a program for NeXT that targeted the Corel Draw/Freelance market.

I got my license.  Within 4 hours I had found 3 ways to crash the program, one of which caused a kernel panic.  A day later I sent them a 5 page email with UI suggestions, and one suggestion for graphics processing that sped up zoom scale changes by a factor of 3.

"Why didn't we bring you in sooner?"

Please sign in to leave a comment.