Undo in Dodge & Burn crashes Luminar

Comments

11 comments

Konstantin Zolo

Hi Matt,

We would appreciate if you send a screenshot with information about your PC to our support team at support@skylum.com.

On Windows 7 or 8 click on "Start", then right-click the Computer shortcut and select Properties, from the Start menu or from most places where you see the Computer shortcut. Some options how to make a screenshot on Windows 7 or 8 can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

On Windows 10 right-click on "Start Menu" and click on "System" in the pop-up menu to open "System" window. Press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn” and the screenshot will appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder. 

We would highly appreciate if you can send us your original file(s). You can upload the file to www.WeTransfer.com & send us a shared download link.

Please specify which steps preceded the crash so that we can reproduce this issue on our side.

See if you can provide us with an error log following the instruction below.

1. Right click on This PC (My Computer) > choose Manage

2. In left part of the window (Computer Management) open Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application >

3. In the list that opens find the last two entries "Application Error" and ".NET Runtime." Select them and in the right part of it choose Save Selected Events.

Then send us these events files.

Thank you in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Peter Olschewski

same issue here. i emailed a video of this happening to you

Tom Pickering

While they do need to address this issue soon, they didn't design the Dodge & Burn filter to work that way.  If you want to back out some burning, switch to that filter's Erase brush.

K.G. Wuensch

@Tom, sorry that would be a very very poor design, if you got a brush stroke wrong then to counteract that you would have to exactly get the same stroke? 

Tom Pickering

K.G. -

No argument there.  I was merely responding with the way it was designed to work.  Some of the filters defy logic in their approach.

Peter Olschewski

So is there a solution to the issue 

Julia Kot

Unfortunately, I haven't located any files sent from you, guys. 

Peter, if you have the same issue, please send us more info to support@skylum.com 

Peter Olschewski

I just resent an email as well as a short video clip to you guys once more 

Julia Kot

Thanks, Peter!

Our devs promised to fix it in the upcoming updates.

Thanks for bearing with us while we fix that!

Peter Olschewski

So thats now 2 month past . Whats the status on this ?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Peter,

Our developers are working on this and it will be fixed in the next update. I don't have an ETA on that at the moment, but hopefully it will be soon.

Please sign in to leave a comment.