Removing Chromatic Aberration on a TIFF file

Comments

2 comments

Julia Kot

Hi Graham,

Please note that Chromatic aberration is an effect which is caused by the failure of a lens to focus all colors to the same convergence point. As long as .TIFF is a modified file format, it doesn't mean having CA to fix. 

For now, there is an option to fix CA in RAW image files. Also, we will consider the possibilities of creating such option for the files shooted in .JPEG format.

Comment actions Permalink
    Graham Bowden

Many thanks for the quick reply Julia.  I know why CA happens but as in my original comment earlier versions of Luminar already had the option of editing it out in other file formats.

My editing style means I also use other software on some raw files and I always save those initial edits as .tiff files.  That other software doesn't have a built in CA editing tool so when the original CA tool appeared in the Luminar  Develop filter it was a real bonus.  I can only hope they bring it back in a version that works with all image formats.

Ps. I have been recommending Skylum image software to anyone who asks (or even if they don't ask :) since the days of the original Macphun Intensify App.  Great software.  

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.