New Luminar Update crashes when trying to save a preset

Comments

2 comments

Yaroslav Kizyma

We would appreciate if you send us a screenshot with information about your PC.

On Windows 7 or 8 click on "Start", then right-click the Computer shortcut and select Properties, from the Start menu or from most places where you see the Computer shortcut. Some options how to make a screenshot on Windows 7 or 8 can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

On Windows 10 right-click on "Start Menu" and click on "System" in the pop-up menu to open "System" window. Press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn” and the screenshot will appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder. 

Also, please specify what version and build of the software you are currently using, for that go to "Help" -> "About Luminar 2018"

We would highly appreciate if you can send us your original file(s). You can upload the file to www.WeTransfer.com & send us a shared download link.

Please specify which steps preceded the crash so that we can reproduce this issue on our side.

See if you can provide us with an error log following the instruction below.

1. Right click on This PC (My Computer) > choose Manage

2. In the left part of the window (Computer Management) open Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application >

3. In the list that opens find the last two entries "Application Error" and ".NET Runtime." Select them and in the right part of it choose Save Selected Events.

Then send us these events files.

Thank you in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Carol Delynko
    Here is the information you requested.  This is a new install of Windows 10 since the last time I worked with your tech team to the point that Luminar complete crashed my system and the only way to recover was to reinstall.  Please do not ask me to "do this" and "do that." I'm not in a mood to have to reinstall Windows again--it was so bad the last time that I couldn't even use system restore. It would not boot up at all.

So here's other information I'm sure you will ask for...Windows C++ 2015 and 2013 are installed and I have run "Repair" on both.  Net Framework is already installs as is VCRed.

Here is the information you requested.  This is a new install of Windows 10 since the last time I worked with your tech team to the point that Luminar complete crashed my system and the only way to recover was to reinstall.  Please do not ask me to "do this" and "do that." I'm not in a mood to have to reinstall Windows again--it was so bad the last time that I couldn't even use system restore. It would not boot up at all.

So here's other information I'm sure you will ask for...Windows C++ 2015 and 2013 are installed and I have run "Repair" on both.  Net Framework is already installs as is VCRed.

I have uploaded the original file to We Transfer.com. Here is the link:  https://we.tl/vALNTm5VO1

I also uploaded the Luminar file.  Of course, since the history is not saved with the file, and it's been over a week, I sure don't remember what exactly I did.  I did go back into the file to try to export the photo on the 12th, but the photo was not as it appeared in Luminar after editing.  I had tried to merge the layers, but, as you can see, that didn't work either.  Here is the link to that file:  https://we.tl/yuDNm9U3e1

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.