DAM - Wish List

Comments

19 comments

Julia Kot

Thanks for your comments, Jordan!

I'll also add you to our Beta testers list. We will definitely contact you if the Beta version is released.

Comment actions Permalink
    JB

Thanks Julia - do you have any idea of when this year (this quarter?!) we can expect to see the DAM released?

Julia Kot

Very soon we will announce the release date for DAM tool. For now, it is in the development stage and there is no ETA yet. 

Sherwood Botsford

Not sure how it is now, but IMatch (windows only, sigh....) in the last incarnation I used was pretty good.

Careful use of libraries can do a lot to reduce software bloat.  Adobe is NOT noted for good programming practices.  The  Apple Mail program as of Tiger weighed in at 335K.  Good use of system libraries.

Lightroom and photoshop both have wretched user interfaces.  One of the things I hope Skylum does is have some way to record sessions:  e.g. When I start up Luminar+DAM for the first time, I can run a program that records my screen while I babble.  

Franci Carlsson

Really hope I can merge in my existing Lightroom catalog ....

Martin Syrovátka

Hello. Two months passed and still any info about DAM tool? Any Beta testing? Thanks

Angela Andrieux

Hi Martin,

We'll be releasing more news very soon! In the meantime, we are compiling a beta interest list. If you are interested in being a beta tester, please reply with your email address and I'll add you to the list.

Ken Herman

Interested in being a DAM beta tester. I have Luminar 2018. Currently also use Lightroom (since it was a beta). Am looking to switch. kenherman@live.com

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ken,

You've been added to the beta testing interest list. Thank you!

Ken Macleod

Yes Please, add me to the DAM Beta Test.

ken@cianalas.co.uk

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ken,

You've been added to our interest list. Thank you!

Andrew Snook

1. Fast
    2. Simple edit
    3. Merg library feature. So when traveling can catalog then merge with the mother load when home

Would love to beta test.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Andrew,

Send us an email at support@skylum.com and we'll add you to the beta test interest list. Thanks!

Tony Collins

Please add me to the DAM beta test (not really using my Luminar at the moment, because of no DAM)

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tony,

Send us an email at support@skylum.com and we'll add you to the beta test interest list. Thanks!

Tony Collins

Thanks for your reply. I was a bit disappointed to get this in response. Why are you still telling people to email in if it is too late?

Thank you for your eagerness to help us to improve our DAM. We really appreciated it.

The thing is we have already launched DAM beta-testing a couple of weeks ago. We'll do our best to release DAM as flawless as possible.

Have a great day!

Denis Kotsee

There might (or might not be, depending on the results of the ongoing beta) another round, and there's always a possibility that we'll be testing something else in the future, so we will keep the list of potential testers at hand. I'm sorry you weren't selected for the current round of testing.

Sherwood Botsford

Interesting.  I was offered a spot on the beta test some months ago, and I've participated heavily in this list adding ideas, and amplifying other's ideas.

There is no announcement of the start of beta testing, at least not on any of hte DAM threads that I'm subscribed to, and I think I'm on most of them.

Then Angela comments twice in the last few days to "send an email to support@skylum.com to get on the beta test list.

Then Tony says it started two weeks ago.

Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing at skylum?

Does the left hand even know there is a right hand?

What I would have expected:

A:  You collect people interested in working with the DAM beta.

B:  You pre-qualify them by asking:
    B1: What do they use at present for DAM

B2: What are the important features of a DAM

B3: Which DAM and catalog management programs have they used.

B4: Which operating system they use.

B5: How many images do they manage

From this set of answers you pick your primary DAM beta testers.

C:  For this set of people you add another forum channel.  Commentary from the testers is posted on this channel.  The rest of the community can monitor this channel and kibitz.  If it gets out of hand, their kibitzing is stuffed on yet another channel, and they can refer to the main beta channel.

There would be merit in using one of the bulliten board packages designed for bug tracking/features.  Github is a good example.

Denis Kotsee

The selection is handled by the QA team, and we support folks aren't really involved in their work. I think, everything went more or less in the way you described, with the only difference that they reached out for qualification info not to everyone on the list but to a limited group of people.

Please sign in to leave a comment.