Crashing in Mac

Comments

18 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi Jeff - What steps did you take prior to the Lens Correction or Dodge and Burn before the app crashed?

Comment actions Permalink
    Jeff Kovitz

Sorry, in both cases I was just playing around to see response and performance and wasn't paying attention to "steps'.  If you have a "debug" mode so I can save a log, I am happy to continue to play around, but as in both cases there was a complete crash, I don't have history.  If there isn't a debug mode, I think I will stay away for a couple of point releases as it is is too risky to use for work.  Thanks.

Mark Cannon

Having similar issues.

v1.2 crashing when applying the Olympus OMD EM1 LUT

V1.2 also crashing when either launching or opening a saved .lmnr file. Only edits made were RAW filter (inc lens distortion and CA) plus some clone and stamp. My workflow has now ground to a halt. Seriously unhappy with this! Can I downgrade until 1.2 is ready for prime time? The previous release was stable for me.

Howard Erdley

Same crashing problems with 3 different photos. Using just sliders all 3 times. Unable to use on new MacBook pro. 

Stuart Bishop

Same here, just tried editing two different images, NEF's from Nikon D7200, in the first instance it crashed I think I was using the Details Enhancer filter, second time I was adjusting the highlights after I'd just used the eyedropper to set a custom white balance.  Never had this issue before the latest update.  Running on 15" MacBook Pro, latest OS.

Julia Kot

Hey guys,

In order for us to better investigate this issue please provide us the crash reports:

1. Open the Finder

2. Go to the Menu Bar and open the "Go" menu.

3. Select the entry: "Go to Folder..."

4. Enter the following path: ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

5. Find the most recent files whose names start with "Luminar 2018" and drag them into an e-mail.  

Also, please click on Apple Logo in the top left corner of your screen, select About This Mac > make a screenshot (Command+Shift+3) and send it to us.

Thanks in advance!

Julia Kot

Howard, please describe the steps you performed before the crash happened. 

Jeff Kovitz

Hey Julia  - what email address should we send the logs to ?

Mark Cannon

Hey, Jeff - As there's not been a response from Julia, I sent my report and screenshot to      support@skylum.com   and provided a link to this thread. 

Applying the Olympus flat LUT for EM1 also causes v1.2 to crash.

Seems that this release has a few issues!

Julia Kot

Please send files to support@skylum.com 

Jeff Kovitz

Thanks Mark and Julia

Mark Cannon

Oh, and ignore the Olympus LUT comment - my mistake, it's a Resolve LUT. Always learning!

Jeff Kovitz

So weird - 2 hard crashes and no log

Gary Hunter

After the new update I am now crashing. Was not real happy on an image that I got where I wanted it and then crash. All the work for nothing.  Was have no problems before the Jupiter update.  Just using sliders.

Tim Bowman

Same here.  Jupiter crashes when making adjustments.  Happened on Fuji uncompressed raw and a TIFF file.

Also, I am trying to use some LUTs that worked before, and the photo just goes white.

Tim Bowman

Also, same on the logs.  The last one I have is from a month ago, nothing for this issue.

Ronald Skinner

I have also had random crashes, different photos and different filters

Julia Kot

Hi Ronald.

Could you also please send us your info? We will investigate the issue. 

In order to resolve the issue, we need more information about your Mac. Please click on Apple Logo in the top-left corner of your screen, select About This Mac > make a screenshot (Command+Shift+3) and send it to us.

Also, we would highly appreciate if you can send us your original file so that we can test it on our side. You can upload the file to www.WeTransfer.com & send us a shared download link.

Please make sure to specify exact steps that preceded the crash.

We also need a crash report. Here's how to find it:

1. Open the Finder

2. Go to the Menu Bar and open the "Go" menu.

3. Select the entry: "Go to Folder..."

4. Enter the following path: ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

5. Find the most recent files whose names start with "Luminar 2018"

Please send this info to support@skylum.com. Will get it sorted out. 

Thank you in advance!

Please sign in to leave a comment.