Luminar 2018 update error

Comments

10 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Uwe,

We would appreciate if you send us the system information of your PC.

To open the System Information, do the following:

1. Open the Start menu.

2. Search for msinfo32 or System Information and press Enter. See the screenshot:

3. Click on File > Export.

4. Browse the location to save the file.

5. Enter a descriptive name and click Save to complete the task.

The report should be saved as a text file that you can open with any text viewer.

Also, see if you can provide us with an error log following the instruction below.

1. Right click on This PC (My Computer) > choose Manage

2. In left part of the window (Computer Management) open Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application >

3. In the list that opens find the last two entries "Application Error" and ".NET Runtime." Select them and in the right part of it choose Save Selected Events.

Then send us these events files.

Please send this info to support@skylum.com. Will get it sorted. 

Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    J.C. Eason

After successfully installing update also got the same error message approximately 30 times citing various sub layers. Can not now open Luminar 2018, Help

Angela Andrieux

Hi J.C.,

Please follow the instructions above and send your computer info to support@skylum.com. Thank you!

Uwe Junker

Hi Angela.

i´ve send the information to support@sky......

Frank Anhäusser

Got exactly the same error after updating, it's not possible to use the software anymore. Is a fix already in work?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Frank,

1. Uninstall Luminar and clear your registry using CCleaner. You can download it here: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

2. Reinstall Luminar using this installation file 

Let us know if you have any questions!

J.C. Eason

I have ran CCleaner and tried to reinstall Luminar. Got the following notice: "Microsoft.net Framework required. Luminar 2018 cannot run on Windows 7 RTM with .net 4.52 installed. Install Windows 7 SP1 to run in a supported environment. " 

I am running Win 10,  not Win 7.

Julia Kot

Hi J.C.,

I'm sorry to hear that.

First of all, we need to make sure you're up to date with all Microsoft libraries:

Download NET Framework 4.6.1

Here's a link to Visual C++ 2015 

It's better to have C++ 2013 installed as well 

VCredist 

If Visual C++ says it is already installed, choose "Repair" option to make sure it is installed correctly. 

All links should lead to official Microsoft resources. It's also recommended to reinstall Luminar 2018 after that and restart your PC.

Try to install Luminar 2018 as an administrator (Right click on the install file -> Launch as an Administrator).

Here's a link to an installation file, just in case.

In case Luminar 2018 still doesn't start you can try to download an archive file with pre-installed Luminar 2018 here

Please do the following: 

1) Go to your Program Files folder (C:\Program Files) and unzip the downloaded file:

2) Go to the Luminar folder and find Luminar2018.exe file in there.

3) Right click on that file -> Send to -> Desktop (Shortcut)

4) Go to your Desktop and launch Luminar 2018.

Andre Heldsinger

Thanks very much for the advise as mentioned in the above post. After going backwards & forwards with Luminar Support, downloading & installing several hotfixes to no avail. Still waiting on them to respond to a e-mail I send 60 hours ago for the umpteen time, I finally got my Luminar 2018 update to work. I uninstalled Luminar 2018, downloaded CCleaner, cleared my registry, downloaded Luminar 2018 from the above site provided, installed this and WOW, it worked. Thank You very Much!!!

Julia Kot

Glad to know everything is fine now :) 

Please sign in to leave a comment.