Luminar 2018 Gets a “Rocket-Booster” Update

Comments

94 comments

Urs Breton

Hi Skylum Team

Just having an expiring subscription Lightroom and planning to adopt Luminar in my workflow, i would ask if a) you can tell me about the time horizon Luminar will get the DAM this year. I need this too, so this is crucial to my decision.

Is it before summer or more autumn/winter? Or is there something like a beta-programm to access to Luminar with the DAM feature if i bought it now?

Thanks

Comment actions Permalink
    Fielding Smtih

Trying to upgrade to the new version, getting a message stating that my information could not be verified.  Sent a email day of release to support, no response yet...

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Urs,

We are planning to release DAM system in a couple months. Also, there could be a beta version before the official release. You are welcome to take part in it. 

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Fielding,

Unfortunately, I haven't located any message from your email repp308.... Could you please specify what system verification you are referring to? If you want to update Luminar to new patch Luminar Jupiter 1.2.0, please launch the app, upload any image > click Luminar 2018 > Check for Updates

Urs Breton

Hi Julia

Thank you for the information. Seems i have to fill the gap in between with a different solution. Thinking about it and watching the Luminar news in this case.

Fernando Ariznavarreta

I would be interested in beta testing the DAM.

Where should we apply to it?

Julia Kot Kot

Fernando, please drop us a message to support@skylum.com. We will put you to the list :) 

Fernando Ariznavarreta

Thank you, Julia.

I am now sending the email.

Fielding Smtih

Hi Julia, the Check For Updates option is greyed out in my version of Luminar 2018.

Konstantin Zolo

Hi Fielding,

Please make sure you launch a standalone Luminar 2018 (not a plug-in).

Fielding Smtih

That was from the standalone version.

Konstantin Zolo

In this case, relaunch the app and then open a new image. Then go to "Luminar 2018" menu -> Check for Updates.

Fielding Smtih

Normal relaunch didn't work, but it finally showed up after rebooting.  Is the current version number for Mac 1.2.0?  Thanks for your help with this.

Konstantin Zolo

Yes, 1.2.0 is the latest version of the app.

Jörg Hahn

Hi Skylum Team,

First of all thank you for the update. Runs fine on my iMac.

Regarding automatic correction of lens distorsion: do you also plan to include in the future lens specific profiles?

And regarding the DCP profiles (almost the same question as before): do you also plan to include in the future camera specific profiles? I shoot with Fujifilm and would definitely like to have the Fujifilm color profiles...

Thank you!

Jörg

Konstantin Zolo

Hi Jorg,

We do have plans on adding specific profiles in the future, however, no ETA yet.

Terran Ambrosone

Ok, I'm a bit confused. I've updated Luminar to version 1.2.0 but when I go to the website, it says the newest version is called "Jupiter" and it's supposed to be a free upgrade to Luminar 2018 users. However, when I try to get the download, it says my purchase can't be verified. Can anyone tell me if 1.2.0.1886 is the Jupiter edition?

Konstantin Zolo

Hi Terran,

Yes, Luminar 2018 1.2.0 is Luminar Jupiter.

EDDIE ONEILL

Is there still no fix for the openGL issue? All seems to have gone quiet.  I sent a refund request by email but got no response. this software is not fit for purpose and shpuld not have been released. Pure profiteering. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Eddie,

We are working on a solution, but in the meantime, please install the previous version of Luminar 1.1.1 which will work with older OpenGL libraries at https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/luminar2018/_old_1.1.1_Luminar_2018_Setup.exe

Luc Verlinde

Goodbye from me for now. I am sorry to state that I agree with Eddie Oneill. I started testing in Nov last year, and sent several emails with issues to the support team. I have given up on test driving. Too many issues not solved. Not on a par at all with the Mac version.

I can recommend the e-book by Nicolesy, Luminar : Step by step. Page after page she indicates that a certain option may not be available for Windows. Well, I am reading the e-book on one screen and have Lum opened on a second screen. I find it horrible.

I would suggest that first of all Skylum fixes all the current issues before releasing the DAM. This will only complicate matters even more I'm afraid. If the DAM is as badly tested as the latest version of Lum, well, good luck to all of us.

I for one have stopped using Lum altogether, I am returning for the time being to LR 6.14. Sadly enough. Skylums idea was splendid : a replacement for LR with its damned subscription model. Alas, by far not good enough.

I will keep monitoring the evolution of Lum however, hoping that one day it will fulfill its promise. As for now, finished for me.

Afraid that Skylum will need at least one or two more years to reach its ambitious objective.

Mike Hardisty

I came to that conclusion weeks ago and that both Luminar and Aurora weren't fit for purpose on the Windows platform. I've gone back to using Lightroom.

Unfortunately I can see parallels between Skylum and ON1. promising so much but never fully delivering on the Windows platform. Meanwhile we are expected to buy new version after new version and still not get a product worth devoting time to. 

Lightroom might be slow, and Photoship far too big for my needs but at least they are tried and tested products that work.

EDDIE ONEILL

Angela, with respect going back to an older version isnt a solution. It is also a mess. And now you are talking of DAM in near future. If you add that and its faulty along with all the other issues you will be pulling the kill switch on your company. I am no longer interested and will use other alternatives that work as they should. Please refer to my email regarding refund. If I get no response within a week then I will go to credit card company to recover my money. Its not a fortune so no reason why this cant be refunded in light of the many issues. I have no doubt credit card company will see it that way.  I wont respond here again unless I am ignored again.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Eddie,

We haven't received an email from you regarding a refund. You can request a refund by emailing support@skylum.com.

EDDIE ONEILL

Hi Angela. I just checked and found my email was bounced back.  So I have just as of now sent another refund request

Miguel Rozsas

I am not sure  the version I have is this Jupiter one. Mine is 1.2.0 (1886). Is this right ?

Anyone can confirm, please ?

Yaroslav Kizyma

Luminar 2018 1.2.0 is Luminar Jupiter, they are one and the same.

Sorry for a confusion. Let us know if there is anything else we could help you with.

kevin giles

Hi Skylum,

I primarily like to use Raw and my camera's (Panasonic) format is  RW2.

I have noticed when importing a RW2 image into Luminar, 2 things:

1)  They all appear about 1 to 2 F-stops underexposed and look awful  (the histogram is squashed to the left).

2)  The "Raw Developer" filter does not seem active  -  only the "Developer" filter.

Note  -  I have Windows Luminar ver:  1.2.0.1886.

regards

Kevin.

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Kevin,

I'll be glad to help you with that.

Please provide us with screenshots of the issue described in the first question.

Also, please let us know what is the model of your Panasonic camera. 

Please note that RAW Develop filter is available only if you upload the RAW image file. Also, you can use it on the Background layer only. 

kevin giles

Hi Julia,

Firstly, many thanks for reverting so promptly.

My Panasonic camera is:  DC-TZ200EB.

I have attached 2 JPG's (1 x Luminar 2018  &  1 x On1 Photo Raw 2018):

1)  Luminar 2018 (Win version).  All I have done here is load the RAW file (RW2) into Luminar  -   no layers or any adjustments made.  The Histogram is squashed to the left and the image is very dark / underexposed.

You can also see that my only DEVELOP option is "Develop" NOT "Raw Develop" even though this is simply a Raw photo loaded straight into Luminar.

For comparison, I loaded the same Raw (RW2) file into On1 Photo Raw 2018  -  immediately you can see the Histogram looks NORMAL and the image looks bright (as it was fantastically sunny on the day).

Rgds  Kevin.

Please sign in to leave a comment.