Luminar 2018 Gets a “Rocket-Booster” Update

Comments

94 comments

Mike Hardisty

Really! The PC version matches the MAC Version. You still haven't fixed the Horizontal Shift in Top and Bottom Tuning. What's the point of having the shift split halfway between the top and bottom. Haven't you guys never heard of the Rule of Thirds.

Mac users can choose where they split the tuning between top and bottom. PC users can't

Comment actions Permalink
    leon johnson

Only problem with update is that it breaks Luminar so that it is unable to open!!!!

After having Luminar update, I am unable to open Luminar at all.  It brings up the initial splash screen and after a long delay I begin to get a series of error parsing messages saying that it could not load . . . each message gives a different file that could not be loaded.

The only way to get out of this mess is to have Windows Task Manager shut down the problem.

A solution to this problem needs to be provided immediately as those of us encountering the problem are no longer able to access Luminar and are forced to resort to other software.  That could lead to abandonment of Luminar, which would be unfortunate.

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Leon, 

We would appreciate if you send us the system information of your PC.

To open the System Information, do the following:

1. Open the Start menu.

2. Search for msinfo32 or System Information and press Enter. See the screenshot:

3. Click on File > Export.

4. Browse the location to save the file.

5. Enter a descriptive name and click Save to complete the task.

The report should be saved as a text file that you can open with any text viewer.

Please send this info to support@skylum.com. Will get it sorted out. 

Thanks in advance!

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Mike,

Could you please specify what issue with the Horizontal Shift you are referring to?

Please note that the way Horizontal Shift slider works is that it adjusts the position on the horizon. It shouldn't move the horizontal line which divides an image into top and bottom. You will see the effect when move the Rotation slider. Please try to change rotation and use the Horizontal Shift then. 

Duc Vu Anh

Mine running fine. initial impression is good. worth waiting. Need login skylum acc, my software and manually download the update. tks

Harry Conte

Sorry to say, once again the update provided, once installed will not open on my PC.  Each and every time an update has been provide I found I must go through this procedure.  I'm sure there is an upload link somewhere that someone can send me to get this program to open.

I tried doing a "change/repair" in the control panel but that didn't work.

Mark Barnes

Just started playing with it this morning. My initial impressions are good. Noticed several speed improvements. No issues with upgrading or launching the program. ( iMac). Thanks for the continuous improvements. Would like to see in the next newsletter some tutorials highlighting the major changes.

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Harry,

We are sorry you've experienced that issue.

Please reach out support team at support@skylum.com. You will be assisted there.  

Volker Walther

Ich finde das Update sehr gelungen und bin begeistert von Luminar, habe auf dem Mac keinerlei Probleme und freue mich schon auf die Bildverwaltung

Dieter Welzel

I got the same issue like leon johnson. Mail with my System Information to the support is on the way.

Hope you can fix it immediately.

Agustin Alonso

Agree . And superb speed in my IMac

x x

After new update on windows 10 pro the program stops working and comes up with a parsing error many times and then doesn’t load at all, HELP having to restore my system to an earlier state to overcome the pc not working after failed install, not happy

Carlos J Calderon

Hi my name is Carlos and I have both Luminar 2018 and Aurora HDR 2018 and last night I lunched Luminar 2018 to look for the update in nowhere I could find where it says look for updates. Is there anyway you can help to figure up what is wrong cause if I lunch Luminar 2018 it works it edits my photos but nowhere I could find i way to update it. I’m running iMac with lates iOS updates and my email that I used to register both products is carlos14216@yahoo.com. Please can you help me to find out what is wrong thanks so much.

Helen Smith

Much improved and no trouble updating on my iMac and MacBook Pro.  Thank you Skylum it's looking great. 

Vinz Lecerf

Same issue as leon johnson : a lot of "Error parsing...." popups...

And Luminar never launch.

Support has been reached with MSINFO file few minutes ago...

Hope you will soon find how to figure it out !

Vinz

Angela Andrieux

x x,

Please reach out support team at support@skylum.com. You will be assisted there.

Art Bisschop

After new update on windows 10 pro the program stops working and comes up with a parsing error many times and then doesn’t load at all. Had to uninstall program and then reinstall - initial version with NO updates works fine again

Daniel Goyens Dieltjens

Thanks for the improvement for loading a photo in Luminar

Angela Andrieux

Hi Carlos - You can go to the Luminar 2018 menu in the upper left and then choose Check for Updates

Fernando Ariznavarreta

Great, now we will have to try it an see the improvements.

Here it works correctly in windows 10, it was upgraded with no problem.

EDDIE ONEILL

Not able to get the update running. Tried 5 times.  I click the installer which pops up when I open Luminar. It dowloads for a few minutes. Then I get a message to Install. When I click this my screen goes back to my desktop and pointer shows busy for a few seconds, then nothing. When I open Luminar again I am still on old version 1.1.1 and the message is there again to update. Frustrating.  Pc Windows 10

Angela Andrieux

Hi Eddie,

We would appreciate if you send us the system information of your PC.

To open the System Information, do the following:

1. Open the Start menu.

2. Search for msinfo32 or System Information and press Enter. See the screenshot:

3. Click on File > Export.

4. Browse the location to save the file.

5. Enter a descriptive name and click Save to complete the task.

The report should be saved as a text file that you can open with any text viewer.

Also, see if you can provide us with an error log following the instruction below.

1. Right click on This PC (My Computer) > choose Manage

2. In left part of the window (Computer Management) open Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application >

3. In the list that opens find the last two entries "Application Error" and ".NET Runtime." Select them and in the right part of it choose Save Selected Events.

Then send us these events files.

Please send this info to support@skylum.com. Will get it sorted. 

Thanks in advance!

josh Albergo

what a waste of time 4 hours and still getting parsing pop ups

Angela Andrieux

Hi Josh,

Please follow the instructions above to send us your computer info at support@skylum.com and we'll sort it out.

josh Albergo

Hi,

i sent you a ton of info a few minutes ago

Angela Andrieux

Josh - Thank you! We'll be in touch soon.

John Aldred

same problem as Eddie  .... download not working on Windows 10  ... wasting my time.  Have submitted a ticket

Massimo Giornetti

Hi, in the Windows version can you move around (“place”) the vignette in the vignette filter like it is possible with Mac? Thanks

Dave Collerton

Hi Team

Loaded no problem and working fine, no apparent issues at the moment. Perhaps a little quicker, not spent enough time with it yet to find out. 

My biggest beef right now, absolutely no improvement in accessing LUTs. That's terrible guys. You give us great LUTs and then make it impossible to access them. I thought that would be a no brainer for this release given the flac you've taken for doing such a bad job in earlier versions.

No point saying more as clearly it falls on deaf ears.

David

Alina Skylum

Hi Dave,

We hear you! Better organization and accessibility for the LUTs is definitely on our to-do list and we'll do our best to get that improved as soon as possible.

Please sign in to leave a comment.